Riding the Dragon with Pilot Powers...

clock

Registered
Fellow riders,

I can't contain my freakin adrenalin rush! Four coworkers and I went to Deals gap NC. together this past w/e. The ridin' up there is awesome. What made it even better is that I was on a new set of Pilot Powers (awesome as well). For those of you who have never heard of the Dragon, check out killboy.com. Needless to say, there are no "chicken strips" on the front or rear tires of my busa anymore. !!! I'm talkin boot scrapin' turns here guys !!!!! After that run we went to Cherohala Skyway - wow!! We're talkin aprox. 5000 ft elevation change, up and back down, all within just a few miles with 160 mph+ stretches and 100+ off camber turns. I'm not the most computer savvy person, and we didn't take many pics (we ride), but if anyone is interested, I'll do my best to get some pic's up.

Pic's we love them here............. Sounds like you had a good time! The Org has several meets there a year, sounds like you need to hook up with the locals. Thanks for posting up.
smile.gif

How would you like to live here......I do....
biggrin.gif
did I have to rub it in.....come up this way anytime bro....we enjoy the company...

Yesterday took my bike for a ride with a couple of friends with my new powers.
One word AWESOME. Feel the bike more smother and the grip is amazing.

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

We will be heading back there for the Busa Bash IV Sept 30 to Oct 2nd. Lots of great roads and great people.

Hope you can make it!

Very possible...busa bash... It would be nice to connect faces with posts. Man if any of you guys need tires try these powers. I know any new tire would feel good after ridin' on a 2" wide flat spot for a few hundred, but these grip exceptionally well !! On wednesday some pic's will be on killboy.com, I'm sure we'll be in there. I'm also gonna get some pic's up within the next few days. Tapoco lodge is a cool place to stay with covered bike parking right next to your room. (aprox. $79/night) Best of all it's only like two miles from the crossroads of time. Catch ya'll later..

I have the powers on my bike now. IMO, they are the best street tire on the market today when comparing grip and wear.

I normally use H2's micheline when I am at the Gap.

We are planning on staying at the Phillips Motel in Robbinsville.

Info on the Phillips can be found here.

Hope you can make the trip.....

Back