Finally got rid of the Kawasaki

idn I think if I was gonna buy a touring bike id just buy a gold wing but chit thats like buying a nice car these days. nice lookn bike tho. great color

idn I think if I was gonna buy a touring bike id just buy a gold wing but chit thats like buying a nice car these days. nice lookn bike tho. great color

Thanks, man. I actually took the big Wing for a test ride. The seating position put me right up on the bars, and I didn't really care for it. My wife doesn't like being all wrapped up by the backrest either. Oh, and she said it looks like an old man bike... :laugh:

On the other hand, we both really liked the F6B version of it. I went for three test rides on those, but in the end I just didn't think it was worth all the extra money, and I prefer some of the Concours' features.

Hey Flicka have you test ridden that BMW 1600 GT??

Nope. I'd like to try one eventually, but didn't seriously consider it this time. They seem to be great bikes, but I never really cared for stuff like a stereo system and electronic suspension adjustment. Oh, and the price! :laugh:

Yeah $22k+.....:whistle: that's HD prices right there! :laugh: that would be 1 big azz bike payment every month. maybe if I lived in a warmer state where I could ride year round and really get my money's worth it would be something 2 consider but 2 pay that much and have it sit in a garage 4 months on end is crazy

Yeah $22k+.....:whistle: that's HD prices right there! :laugh: that would be 1 big azz bike payment every month. maybe if I lived in a warmer state where I could ride year round and really get my money's worth it would be something 2 consider but 2 pay that much and have it sit in a garage 4 months on end is crazy

Agreed. I'm sure twotone is loving his out in Cali, but that's a lot of bike to leave sitting all winter.

LOL, I say give him a year and it will be traded for a new K1600.

You know... I was just thinking about this. My wife and I will have our 6th anniversary next weekend. During the time we've been married, I've owned 5 different bikes. She's pretty awesome! :bigsmile:

Congratulations... I've had my '11 Connie since the fall of 2012. Nearly 30k miles and I've really enjoyed it! Runs as well as the day I got it. I've Included a couple pictures from last weekend on Skyline and BRP. If it had cruise control it would be a nearly perfect roadbike IMO :) Enjoy!

DSCN8483.jpg

DSCN8492.jpg

DSCN8497.jpg

You know... I was just thinking about this. My wife and I will have our 6th anniversary next weekend. During the time we've been married, I've owned 5 different bikes. She's pretty awesome! :bigsmile:

Much better than 1 bike, and 5 wives!!!

lol yea ill giv u that it does kinda hav the old man look and the Kawi definitely does not! thats a sharp bike and the more I look at it I might agree and wud prob chose that over the GW. great color!

Thanks, man. I actually took the big Wing for a test ride. The seating position put me right up on the bars, and I didn't really care for it. My wife doesn't like being all wrapped up by the backrest either. Oh, and she said it looks like an old man bike... :laugh:

On the other hand, we both really liked the F6B version of it. I went for three test rides on those, but in the end I just didn't think it was worth all the extra money, and I prefer some of the Concours' features.

Yes she is!! You are very lucky. :)

Back