2011 Kawasaki Z1000

DevilDawg1

Registered
Never been much of a kawasaki fan, but the 2011 Z1000 has caught my attention and consideration.

Anybody aware of any problems or conditions with these bikes?

Thanks in advance for your input.

DevilDawg1

I know a few guys who own them. They LOVE them. - Great value for money, excellent build quality, crazy-good handling, comfortable riding position and futuristic styling.
I have tested the 2010 model and was seriously impressed. I was expecting the Honda CB1000R to be the better bike. It isn't.

I am actually currently tossing up whether to trade my Busa in on a Z1000 or a VFR.

I like the Z1000 too. But, Kawi needs to bring the Fuel injected ZRX back to the states. I would buy one of them tomorrow.

I had one for 5 months. You definately need another seat other than the factory! 2 hours of riding and you'd want to choke yourself. The wheel base is extremely short and its a quick bastard! But what really got me was no kind of stability in the front end. Dont know if street bikes had steering dampners but this one really needs one (the front wheels likes to come up..ALOT!) For me- this bike was perfect for within the city. 2+ hours rides outside the city- painful on the ass but could be resolved with a Corbin seat. I traded it for a 2011 R1. I really shouldve kept the Z1000 over the R1 but I also got rid of the R1 within 30 days and back on the Busa. Good luck with the Z1000 if you get it. Nice bike!!!!!!!!!!

0319111351.jpg

0417111159.jpg

Don't forget to check out the new ninja 1000 seems to have nearly the same seating geometry with a windshield, have gone to several dealers and there is never one there to look at.

Don't forget to check out the new ninja 1000 seems to have nearly the same seating geometry with a windshield, have gone to several dealers and there is never one there to look at.

Kawi had to make the Ninja 1000 specifically for the US market, because Americans won't buy naked bikes. (And they like to have "Ninja" written on their Kawasakis.)

Any one know abouth the recall they had a year or two ago? If so what was it for? And did Kawi take care of it like they should have?

Back