Finally got it comfortable

jnor

Not a new recruit
Donating Member
Registered
I have finally got my bike where it's good for long rides.
I put Genmar 1 1/4" risers on it, 1" drop in rear, Tobin seat, ProTek pegs, Zero Gravity double bubble. It's great now, before I didn't like the pressure on my wrists and forearms, it was ok for short rides, but we usually ride at least 1-3 hundred miles when we ride, also like to ride long trips for vacation. I'll put about 12-15K per year on 2 bikes.

<!--EDIT|jnor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109543839 -->

MVC_005S.JPG

I just took my risers off, at first I thought the same as you trying to get the bike comfortable. I'm small only 5'8" and it's a good reach too, but I found it does take away some ability in the twisty by putting more of your body weight back. I'm now riding without the risers and having no problems with the wrist, remember your body weight should be supported by your mid section and not on your arms. It's easy to be lazy and allow your weight to rest on your arms and you will feel it, but get to the point where it's not. Now I'm still looking for the butt solution, I like those Tobin seats, want to try one first. Glade to here the setup is working for you.

thats dang near the setup I got... only 2" drop in rear/ 1.25" front and gixxer 1k pegs

Mines pretty comfy now day's--Lowerd 1 and a half inches front and rear--spacers under the bars raised them 1 and 3/4"---I am 5-9 or so---To me me raising the bars made it easier to corner like a demon----And lowering [lowerd the center of gravity] making it easier to Rage in the curves----
bike is heavy and has plenty of weight on the front tire anyway--my .02

DCP_2928.JPG

Well the risers are going back on, even though I think I'm getting more forward, I'm probable not, and the bike was more comfortable before, I just can not keep the position it puts me in for a 400 to 500 miles, 250 no problem.

I DONT SEE HOW YOU GUYS RIDE WITH THOSE THINGS ON LOOK LIKE THEY WOULD MAKE ME SIT ALMOST STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN. ANYMORE UP YOU WOULD NEED A SISSY BAR TO LEAN UP AGAINST. JUST MY .02 BUT OH WELL DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS.

03BUSABOY, how tall are you, when your 5'8" the busa is a long bike, put on a tank bag and you will see our problem. Now all of you taller than say 6 feet, not sure why they would need this mod.

Well you see 03Busaboy---- mentioning sissy bars is a stretch---even if my bars are an inch and 3/4
taller i can still tuck under the paint. You want to look like Mladin thats OK too..with really low bars
--only benefit is above about 150 mph cornering. In the real world where we ride, that doesn't happen that often--or does it. My 02. sez i can corner with the best of um' on the street. More leverage equals better confidence----and feed back--with the lowerd suspension-----Just ask T-Fox
Stock bar height wasn't that bad--taller is more comfy---and manuverable at [sane] street speeds which isn't that slow either---The Busa is so front heavy...it doesnt matter if you are leaning back abit..and you can still lean forward if the front tire wants to get loose---different strokes--YEA.

What differences does raising or lowerin the bike make. My 05 Busa is at stock height and I am considering changing it. Any help?

I have finally got my bike where it's good for long rides.
I put Genmar 1 1/4" risers on it, 1" drop in rear, Tobin seat, ProTek pegs, Zero Gravity double bubble. It's great now, before I didn't like the pressure on my wrists and forearms, it was ok for short rides, but we usually ride at least 1-3 hundred miles when we ride, also like to ride long trips for vacation. I'll put about 12-15K per year on 2 bikes.
Same setup I have except for the Tobin seat and I love the feel..6' tall..
thumbs-up.gif

The Genmar's are a spacer that goes under the top handlebar mount the one that I have is 1 1/4", it also allows you to slide the fork tubes up that much if you want.
The Heli bars are a whole different top mount with higher bars attached, I think they are taller than the Genmar setup. They have a website.

HeliBars completely change the feel of the bars. The go into the stock top plate but are offset, so they raise the bars a bit, flatten them a bit and move them rearward a bit. All together, it's a nice noticeable change. As "shenoyp" mentioned they have a website (URL is below) and it shows different bikes with one stock bar and one HeliBar so you can really see the difference.

Ed

www.helibars.com

The GenMaar risers go right under the factory handle bars plate, if you don't look closely you will not even notice that they are there. I can swap them in and out in about 40 minutes. Only thing which is needed is changing out your factory windscreen. A 1 1/4 will touch it, very simple mod to do.

just got thru putting my gemars on and love them has anyone noticed a little more vibration to the hands ? its been month since i road still healing after she put me in a tree but anyway went for a ride today after lowering the front 1 1\4 which the genmars spacer allows you to do that and dropped the rear 1 1\2 or center hole on the dogbones big differance the she sets and feels great on the road .

You can order Genmar's from their website, same with Helibars.

Back