finally crashed

*insert curse words*

warmed up the bike to ride on this rare 50 degree day...

pulled out my street onto the back road...made it 10-15 feet...not sure if cold tire or gravel bit me. Lowsided....

Right panel is rashed, mirror is screwed (planned to replace it anyhow no biggie), slider is ground and its dropping oil on the ground....figure I cracked the clutch cover.

Sounds like time to put it away for the winter.

no worries guys...it is a gixxer.

Sorry to hear that, but, assuming you're OK, I'm glad the ride took the heat. Always easier to fix the ride than the rider. Best of luck!

Happens to us all!

Nothing as humilating as to have to pick up the bike in the middle of the street.
Bruised ego, hurting somewhere, confidence shot, feeling like crap!

Its repairable more important you were not hurt!

Put it down to experience...???

All healed now...just went to prove my case that frame sliders suck.

10 mph slide that took out my clutch cover. If I wasn't 40ft from home I would've been stranded.

All healed now...just went to prove my case that frame sliders suck.

10 mph slide that took out my clutch cover. If I wasn't 40ft from home I would've been stranded.

If your frame is not buggered up, then your frame sliders did their job. They are not called clutch cover sliders for a reason :lol: Everyone should invest in an aftermarket Vortex or Woodcraft case cover to avoid being stranded from a low speed tipover that breaks the OEM case on many if not most, left side tipovers.

You did learn a very good lesson as a result of your tipover, "Don't go to sleep on cold tires" or they will bite you! Just a wee bit greedy on the throttle combined with cold tires and a slight lean will many times get you pitched. I'd bet hard cash you'll never get yourself in that situation again as long as you live!

If your frame is not buggered up, then your frame sliders did their job. They are not called clutch cover sliders for a reason :lol: Everyone should invest in an aftermarket Vortex or Woodcraft case cover to avoid being stranded from a low speed tipover that breaks the OEM case on many if not most, left side tipovers.

You did learn a very good lesson as a result of your tipover, "Don't go to sleep on cold tires" or they will bite you! Just a wee bit greedy on the throttle combined with cold tires and a slight lean will many times get you pitched. I'd bet hard cash you'll never get yourself in that situation again as long as you live!

frame sliders aren't for protecting your frame...they were designed by race teams to protect the motor to keep a bike in the race. The were named frame sliders because they mount to the frame...like swingarm sliders mount to the swingarm.

as for an aftermarket stator cover.....I already have one...

I remember a post about several Gen II riders going down on cold tires--glad you weren't hurt!

frame sliders aren't for protecting your frame...they were designed by race teams to protect the motor to keep a bike in the race. The were named frame sliders because they mount to the frame...like swingarm sliders mount to the swingarm.

as for an aftermarket stator cover.....I already have one...

I'm sure you are just funnin me, right? But just in case you are not, take a look at the next busa you see with frame sliders. You'll find they are actually attached to the engine mount.

And your swingarm sliders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, are actually swingarm spools. If you doubt my word, go to Vortexracing.com and click on "Swingarm Spools" and see if they don't look similar to the ones on your bike.

But you can call them anything you like, I don't mind! And if you put frame sliders on your bike to protect your engine, that's cool too! :beerchug:

glad your ok. bike can be fixed and could look as good as new! or replaced! trust me, I been there and simply glad I am alive and still riding!

I'm sure you are just funnin me, right? But just in case you are not, take a look at the next busa you see with frame sliders. You'll find they are actually attached to the engine mount.

And your swingarm sliders,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, are actually swingarm spools. If you doubt my word, go to Vortexracing.com and click on "Swingarm Spools" and see if they don't look similar to the ones on your bike.

But you can call them anything you like, I don't mind! And if you put frame sliders on your bike to protect your engine, that's cool too! :beerchug:

um okay :whistle:

try a real race bike....and on the busa, the motor mount IS part of the frame or did you learn a special way to unbolt it? Gixxers use the similar bolt/frame point. And on real race bikes they make MANY types of sliders.

I think this is a somewhat "stupid" definition...but that best I have found so far.....sad really.

Motorcycle frame slider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Motorcycle frame sliders are an optional tool used on street motorcycles for the purpose of maintaining the bike's side fairings and internal components in the event of a crash or preventing damage from dumping (dropping) the bike. The frame sliders are usually located and installed on the engine bolts on the left and right side fairings. The average frame sliders will run about $30 - $50 USD.

and btw...I do have spools on my bike.

Last edited:
Please do me one favor partner, reference me to the source where you came up with your theory a frame slider is acctually designed to protect the engine. I am open minded and you could very well be right. If so, on the very first race day of the upcoming season I will straighten all those dumb arse racers out that think a frame slider is acutally designed to protect the frame during a crash? Those guys need to know the facts! :thumbsup:

Help me out here! I need a reputable source to referr these guys too in order to support my statement. Don't leave me standing in the middle of a crowd of "Real Race Bikes" looking like a tard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

um okay :whistle:

try a real race bike....and on the busa, the motor mount IS part of the frame or did you learn a special way to unbolt it? Gixxers use the similar bolt/frame point. And on real race bikes they make MANY types of sliders.

I think this is a somewhat "stupid" definition...but that best I have found so far.....sad really.

Motorcycle frame slider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Motorcycle frame sliders are an optional tool used on street motorcycles for the purpose of maintaining the bike's side fairings and internal components in the event of a crash or preventing damage from dumping (dropping) the bike. The frame sliders are usually located and installed on the engine bolts on the left and right side fairings. The average frame sliders will run about $30 - $50 USD.

and btw...I do have spools on my bike.

lucky I got the definition online that I got....many of the places think they are for dropping the bike in a parking lot hence why race bikes have them:laugh:

Back