Dropped The Bike :(

PBiddy412

Registered
Well, finally dropped the bike. Went to pull into a gravel driveway and "thought" I was straight as I could be and the bike just slipped from under me and went slowly to its side
sad.gif
. Scratched up the fairing a bit and rip peices of the decal off. Wish I had frame sliders lol. I guess chit does happen. I landed on my feet and just stood there with the bike on the ground behind me. I must say, I'm not that weak, I picked the bike right back up. I could feel its weight though! Well, looks like I'll be investing in a new fairing for my bike and hopefully a set of the sliders that require no drilling.

Anyone have any fairing they want to sell, I have an 05' Silver/Blue hayabusa. Just PM me.

As for mirrors? What seems to be the favorite? I scratched the right mirror also but I was going to get new ones anyways
smile.gif

Unfortunately it has happened to many of us. Hopefully, its now out of the way. If no one can get you one here get in contact with Kathy over at sh.org. She has amazing prices on the OEM stuff. I just ordered a new nose fairing from her. Sorry to hear it happened.

Been there, done that! You won't forget about it, but you will get over it.

Yeah, until I get a new fairing. The scratches will remind me always lol

Are the CF Mirrors off ebay for like 45 bucks any good? I think I saw a post on them and they didn't have any trouble with them.

Its alright ... Just a couple of scratches to annoy me. Hardly noticeable from a distant or probably speeds over 60mph lol. I laid it down pretty gently as I fought to keep it from sliding underneath me. I'm glad I landed on my feet and it didn't land on me.

Here's a pic of the carbon fiber mirrors on the bike.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124861216 -->

Baby_J___137.JPG

PDiddy,
Truwrecks declared last week as the week to trash the Busa. You may get a fine or something!
smile.gif

At any rate at least it's out of the way. Could have been worse but still no fun.

There are those that have and those that will.....

since you got it out of the way now no worries, just ride it like ya stole it. Besides who will notice scratches at those speeds...
cool.gif

Did the same thing before 600 miles. Pulled in on concrete, grabbed too much brake (it wasn't straight yet) and she tossed me over at a dead stop. I wrestled it all the way to the ground, but it still scratched the fairing and mirror. Now
I have frame sliders.

I can't find chit for a new fairing under $400.

That sucks bro!! I'm sure a majority of us have done it at one point or another. My crappy rearstand (LP) gave out on me while adjustin my suspension and she slipped to her right side. No big damage but I did pull the decals off and it looked like nothing happened.

If I were you, I'd spend the money on a cool paint job. Fairings can get expensive. Also, +1 on the carbon fiber mirrors off of eBay.

Back