Fiesta fridays!

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Woooo Hooooo! ( again )
jump9.gif

Most fridays I will be riding, Usually most of the day.
biggrin.gif

Here's what we did this week :

Plantina - Ono report 5/26/06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Ono" in Hawaiian means Yummy, or really delicious. And the sights we saw while riding today were truely a feast for the eye's!

We have some truely great rides around here ( north end of the Sacramento valley ) and friday we tore outa Chico at about 9 a.m. The weather looked dicey up toward the Sierra's where we had planned to see how far we could get up hwy 162/ Oro-Quincy hwy and find out if indeed the road was open all the way to Quincy like it was last year at this time. But because of the clouds we opted to head to Red Bluff where we slid into the renoun Hwy 36 of Nor Cal.
( )

After an excellent romp with very lil traffic, no issues or leo's and no restrictions along with some very fine sweepers. Soon we arrived at the little settlement of Platina. The single gas pump of 87 octane had to suffice as we filled our tanks and our throats. Gas 3.49 water $1.00

I have passed the turn off for A-16 many times in route to Hwy 3 or the coast, but after reading Tim's at Pashnit.com's review and realizing that it loops back toward Redding area and I-5 we decided to give it a go. ( ) The road surface has suffered as many have with the weather this past year but the scenery was epic! Views were truely awesome and the eye candy continued all the way back to I-5 some 50 miles. Pines, Oak, Manzanita ... it was also still green out there. The gently rolling hills, the cattle and the views of the coastal range with some snow caps still showing were outstanding! If you ride this road beware of the gravel and pot holes and keep in mind it is way more touring than high speed sporting, oh and try and get out there before the temp turns triple digits.

Aloha - Kent

PlatinaRd_800.gif

Back