Another road report

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Seriously, the finest stretch of road I have ever encountered and minimal traffic. You can see more of this at Pashnit.com

It runs east/west in northern calif. the best part is between Oroville Dam and Quincy up into the sierra's.

This wonderful road is also called the Oro/Quincy hwy. But the upper protion which is the best is actually not a hwy but is a forest service road. They reworked long sections of it a couple years ago with nice new black top and the engineering couldnt be better, nice banked turns that go on for miles. There are some crappy bumpy sections too where you just gotta take it easy and poke along ...

hwy162_may06_053.jpg

I ran outa road about 25 miles up, it should be open in a couple weeks as they try to get it open for summer by Mem day. There are a nuber of camp grounds up there and Bucks Lake too.

hwy162_may06_008.jpg

You just gotta come up here if your ever in the area ...   or not  
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Kento-Moto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147272101 -->

hwy162_may06_052.jpg

thanks for the pics! When you've got a road like that, it takes a lot of willpower to stop the bike, pull out the camera and take a picture
biggrin.gif

Too many hazards for me. If the gravel, pine needles, road signs or snow don't get you...........that bump errr........ missing peice of road will
biggrin.gif

I am sure you scouted it out prior to making a full speed run at it. Looks like you had fun, be careful though.

We don't have roads like that in Illinois. We all flat land 'round here. I'd love to ride roads like that everyday.

Awesome pics.

Back