Gotta Love the Cali roads!!!

I missed yer b-day I guess Lo.......happy belated birthday.
Great pics.........who's on the 12, and how does it compare to you in the twisties???

I missed yer b-day I guess Lo.......happy belated birthday.
Great pics.........who's on the 12, and how does it compare to you in the twisties???
Thanks FREAK!!

That's my boyfriend Shawn on the ZX12... I have ridden his bike many times and it's not as smooth as the Busa. Even he will admit that the Busa in the corners is a totally different ride than his 12... I have a harder time dippin' the 12 in the turns, it's more work. I am really countersteering hard. (pushing and leaning waaaaaaay over) The Busa has smooth exceleration coming out of the turns... The 12 is a little more jerky and you have to be careful...

His bike is really torquey... He had a custom map made for his PCIII and is kickin 178hp at the rear. When I rode it after the map, I whacked it in 2nd gear and saw nothing but tank in my face... Scared the hell outta me. I call his bike the DEMON... It's not hard to get it to come up... But in the twisties, the Busa has got it beat... When I was outta town, he took my bike on a club ride and rode the hell out of it... My rightside lower fairing was scraped
evil.gif
Everyone told me he was dippin' and diving like a madman... He said he just took it easy... yea right!!!! He likes the Busa eventhough he would never admit it.

Thanks again for the B-Day wishes!!

Lo

He scraped your fairing ,you should have back slapped him
biggrin.gif

Just joking sorry I missed your B-day post,
better late than never HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

LoBusa......I had a dream......you me and that evil Z12 were on a ride heading toward the Napintha Restaurant over- looking the ocean at Big Sur. I was supposed to ride with you guys. But you folks are experts and take twistees at 120mph+. I am a pussy and am still trying to master the busa on the turns (I have ridden for 33 years...but I tend to ride a bit easier than a typical busa owner.). I haven't taken a sharp turn beyond 50 mph yet!!! Yes I repeat I am a pussy. Anyways in the dream you guys started to open it up on Pacific Coast Highway....I kept up with you until those curves came. Then you all disappeared. I became a small DOT in your rear view mirror. You and Shawn arrived at the restaurant long before me and by the time I got there, you were ordering dessert!!!!

Ha......the ride was still beautiful, but I was embarrassed at how slow I was compared to you guys. One of my goals is to have the busa out on the west coast someday soon. By then I will have hopefully mastered the twistees and will be worthy of hangin with you two pros. I spent a year at University of Southern California and had my Norton 750 Commando and rode all over Souther Cal. In its day (early 1970s), my bike was the busa of its era. (zero to sixty in 4.0 seconds...again, back then it was lightning quick!)

Anyways....the dream ended.....thanks for sharing the pics.

YOU BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!

Love and Kisses
Babuski and Seabiscuit.

LoBusa......I had a dream......you me and that evil Z12 were on a ride heading toward the Napintha Restaurant over- looking the ocean at Big Sur. I was supposed to ride with you guys. But you folks are experts and take twistees at 120mph+. I am a pussy and am still trying to master the busa on the turns (I have ridden for 33 years...but I tend to ride a bit easier than a typical busa owner.). I haven't taken a sharp turn beyond 50 mph yet!!! Yes I repeat I am a pussy. Anyways in the dream you guys started to open it up on Pacific Coast Highway....I kept up with you until those curves came. Then you all disappeared. I became a small DOT in your rear view mirror. You and Shawn arrived at the restaurant long before me and by the time I got there, you were ordering dessert!!!!

Ha......the ride was still beautiful, but I was embarrassed at how slow I was compared to you guys. One of my goals is to have the busa out on the west coast someday soon. By then I will have hopefully mastered the twistees and will be worthy of hangin with you two pros. I spent a year at University of Southern California and had my Norton 750 Commando and rode all over Souther Cal. In its day (early 1970s), my bike was the busa of its era. (zero to sixty in 4.0 seconds...again, back then it was lightning quick!)

Anyways....the dream ended.....thanks for sharing the pics.

YOU BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!!!

Love and Kisses
Babuski and Seabiscuit.
Babuski...... Just waiting for you to ship it out and come ride!!! Stay for a week and you'll go back home a different person and rider!!!

Thanks for the compliments!!!!

Ciao!!!

Lo

One day I will ride with you guys....I am afraid of ending up in jail....do you and Shawn ever get caught by the police? Do you have a lot of tickets? Or are you the type of Jedi princess that just outruns the police?

My sister lives in Santa Rosa, are you near there? One day perhaps Laguna 2005.....(by some miracle, 2004) I will make it out there and learn from two masters.

One day I will ride with you guys....I am afraid of ending up in jail....do you and Shawn ever get caught by the police? Do you have a lot of tickets? Or are you the type of Jedi princess that just outruns the police?

My sister lives in Santa Rosa, are you near there? One day perhaps Laguna 2005.....(by some miracle, 2004) I will make it out there and learn from two masters.
Hey Babuski...

I am ashamed to admit that I have outrun the police before... Was riding across the bridge with a friend at about 100 mph and when we got to the end, there was the popo waiting and watching for speeders... We blasted by and saw him hit the lights once we passed. We looked at eachother and HIT IT.... Never looked back and he never caught up to us. When we got to the closet interchange, he went one way and I went the other... (He's a cop by the way, so I figured if he runs then so will I.... afterall I would be running from the coppers with a copper)

I have been pulled over too many times to count... Most times I have been fortunate enough to talk (bat my eyes, smile real sweet) my way out of it. The last time, all the eye batting, and cleavage wasn't going to get me out of it.... Blasted by a copper in the twisties and he called ahead... Blasted by the back-up before he had a chance to turn around so he called ahead and set up a little sting for ya girl.... There was 2 cars nose to nose at the opening of the canyons waiting for me... BAD NEWS..... When I stopped and took off my helmet the coppers were saying to "I told you it was a girl..." They started asking all kinds of questions about the bike and I thought I was scott free..... NOT!! The older officer pulled up in his cruiser and cussed me out.. he was pissed!!! He said he almost crashed into the second cruiser when he was trying to turn around and catch me!! (Dummy, I didn't tell ya ta turn around in a blind turn...) Anyhooo.. He didn't like attention the other smokey's were giving me and he told them to leave and then he wrote me a ticket.... aaaarrrrrghhhhhh!!!

In answer to your second question, these pictures were taken in a town just above Santa Rosa.. about 15 minutes away... It's kinda far from me, but has beautiful scenery. I hope you get the opportunity to come out here and ride!!!!!

Ciao.....

Lo

Nice pictures LO,you don't EVEN have to try (to look cute that is)You guy's got it made out there.Say hello to your Sis and the rest of your NO Limit crew.

Back