FI warning light came on.

Jasper

Registered
Hi guys. Need to know if i need to worry about anything. Out for ride at the weekend and the FI warning light came on. Kept riding for a couple of miles and the light stayed on. Stopped the bike, turned the engine off, started her back up again and she ran sweet for the rest of the day covering 200 plus mile. Go figure! The bike has 5500ish mile on the clock and has never happened before. Has me stumped. Any idea guys?:please:

Anything to worry about? Hard to say without the FI code. Next time out bring a piece of wire to jumper the diagnosic connector and get the code so you know what's causing the fault.

Yeah, I would take the bike back to the dealer if it is under warranty still. If not do what rusheriv said and bring a paperclip with you on your rides so you can pull the codes. The plug is under the seat and is white in color. Just pull the cap off the white plug and then insert your paper clip into the holes that have the two hires on top of each other. There's only two wires that actually sit on top of one another so you can't miss them.

Back