FI C-44 code

topgun61

Registered
Does anyone know what the C-44 code means on a 2008 hayabusa, it has only 750 miles and I just took it out for a ride after 6 months and the FI light came on first time ever, so I did the dealer mode which came up with C-44, any ideas, mike:lol:

Is that the one that was plug on the right side of the exhaust when I put on the brocks alien head or is there another one

take it off and measure the resistor, or make sure its not broke or melted or something. is FI light always on with that code? If you are ecu flashing you could just turn the 02 sensor off.

I tried disconnecting the battery the first time it happened, and the light did not come on until I shut the bike off and restarted the bike, and yes the light stays on and the code I checked a couple of times and the code is still C-44, the strange thing is I have four bikes and I haven't used this one in about 6 months, but it did not not come on right away it seems to do it under acceleration, the wire for the O2 sensor is that where I would measure the resistor or would it be the little part that I connected onto the wire that came with the pipe to eliminate the O2 sensor, and what should it measure.

pulled the side cover just enough to take out the resistor plug, never did any testing with ohms but I tried it with a multimeter and it said 326, and the covering on the resistor part that conects the two wires was melted off from the side cover but the resistor did not seen to be damaged, I plug the resistor back in away from the motor so it isn't shorten out and the light did not come on when I started the bike, but I still have to try it again, at lease several more start up's, do you think I should just put another resistor and can I get it from brocks or someone else that you know of

pulled the side cover just enough to take out the resistor plug, never did any testing with ohms but I tried it with a multimeter and it said 326, and the covering on the resistor part that conects the two wires was melted off from the side cover but the resistor did not seen to be damaged, I plug the resistor back in away from the motor so it isn't shorten out and the light did not come on when I started the bike, but I still have to try it again, at lease several more start up's, do you think I should just put another resistor and can I get it from brocks or someone else that you know of

Bazzaz sells them for 5 bucks... Brock's I think are 25. You have to call Bazzaz to order it if you go with them. They both do the same thing.

Thanks, just took the bike out for a ride, and a couple of start up's, and so far no light, maybe I'll order one from bazzaz for 5 bucks instead of the 25 for a spare, I think that the resistor is working but time will tell, thanks, any more opions will be thankful, mike

Back