FI glitch?

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
Not a real big deal...it is just that occasionally, when I cut the throttle to shift, as I pull in the clutch, the rpms sometimes go up a few hundred ...makes for some clumsy sounding upshifts..

I have noticed this mainly after some hard runs..

No...I am not pulling in the clutch before twisting off the gas..after 28 years, I think Ive got the right hand-left hand thing pretty much figured out...
tounge.gif

Seriously tho..I checked it without shifting a few times the other day (after a few 160+ blasts) and even when conciously shutting the throttle off first..it came up 2-300 rpms, then dropped.  Now...if I shut the throttle TOTALLY before pulling in the clutch..it (obviously) doesnt do it..

Anyone else experience this?

So what....tryin to tell me it's all im my head?

I suppose that could be, as there is plenty of empty space up there.....

Nobody?

dunno if this has all been sorted out yet, my buddy...but I would suggest we take a look at the throttle cable tension and slack.

There is a possibility it's gettin stuck somehow. That, and you may also wanna check your fast idle cable as well. Make sure everythin's moving rather...*ahem*....smoothly.

biggrin.gif

didn't think about the fast idle cable Pac....but good idea. I messed around with the throttle cables...loosened and re-adjusted them. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to see if it helped yet.. weather kinda sucks here right now.

But thanks bro!

But the way dude...the sliders went on easy! Thanks again! I owe you.

ah! Did they? Very nice...very nice indeed!

Lemme know how it goes once the weather sorts out.

And no, my friend...you don't owe me.
biggrin.gif
I'm glad I was able to be of help to ya!
beerchug.gif

Back