Another FI topic

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys on the way to work this morning I hit the kill switch and the bike turned off so I pulled in the clutch turned the kill switch back to the run position let the clutch out the bike turned on well at that time the FI light started flashing at me it was not throwing a code or any thing like that well I pulled up to a light were I turned the key off for a second then turned it back on then restarted the bike the FI went out and never came back on. So I was wondering if any of you guys had experienced this before as well.

Ok guys on the way to work this morning I hit the kill switch and the bike turned off so I pulled in the clutch turned the kill switch back to the run position let the clutch out the bike turned on well at that time the FI light started flashing at me it was not throwing a code or any thing like that well I pulled up to a light were I turned the key off for a second then turned it back on then restarted the bike the FI went out and never came back on.  So I was wondering if any of you guys had experienced this before as well.
Just this weekend. When you find out what it is, let me know. I have an 04. Seemed to me that it was happening to me on hard right hand turns at rpms above 5k.

Rubber2burn, That should be normal for the situation in your case. Turning the key off clears the codes.

Shanling, You need to pull the code on yours. That could be pretty scary! Sidestand switch maybe?

Rubber2burn, That should be normal for the situation in your case. Turning the key off clears the codes.

Shanling, You need to pull the code on yours. That could be pretty scary! Sidestand switch maybe?
Thanks for the advice Professor was a little worried about the FI Light but when I turned the Key off and turned it back on and it clear I was not as worried.

will fuel starvation trigger the FI light? IE motor leans out to the point it dies... (Marks bike seems to have the problem at higher RPM's and cornering) Was not sure if the FI system light would trigger if pressure dropped to the point the bike died...

bump.gif
to get Mr. Bogus's question answered...hopefully.

Back