FI glitch?

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
Not a real big deal...it is just that occasionally, when I cut the throttle to shift, as I pull in the clutch, the rpms sometimes go up a few hundred ...makes for some clumsy sounding upshifts..

I have noticed this mainly after some hard runs..

No...I am not pulling in the clutch before twisting off the gas..after 28 years, I think Ive got the right hand-left hand thing pretty much figured out...
tounge.gif

Seriously tho..I checked it without shifting a few times the other day (after a few 160+ blasts) and even when conciously shutting the throttle off first..it came up 2-300 rpms, then dropped.  Now...if I shut the throttle TOTALLY before pulling in the clutch..it (obviously) doesnt do it..

Anyone else experience this?

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
So what....tryin to tell me it's all im my head?

I suppose that could be, as there is plenty of empty space up there.....

Nobody?

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
dunno if this has all been sorted out yet, my buddy...but I would suggest we take a look at the throttle cable tension and slack.

There is a possibility it's gettin stuck somehow. That, and you may also wanna check your fast idle cable as well. Make sure everythin's moving rather...*ahem*....smoothly.

biggrin.gif

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
didn't think about the fast idle cable Pac....but good idea. I messed around with the throttle cables...loosened and re-adjusted them. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to see if it helped yet.. weather kinda sucks here right now.

But thanks bro!

But the way dude...the sliders went on easy! Thanks again! I owe you.

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
ah! Did they? Very nice...very nice indeed!

Lemme know how it goes once the weather sorts out.

And no, my friend...you don't owe me.
biggrin.gif
I'm glad I was able to be of help to ya!
beerchug.gif