few questions

richierich1313

Registered
Im sure frank can answer my questions the best since he built the bike, why is the spark plugs gaped so small .020 what purpose is that for? also when its cold out the bike will not start lol unless i **** with it for a couple days of tryng to crank and crank it....i can smell the gas when its cranking then ill let it sit for an hour and it will start... when it finally starts you can her the engine kinda stop and then it fires any clues?

gap is set smaller on turbos to prevent "candling" usually on higher boost. Good practice to gap less on turbos. Idle map may be too rich, or check your fuel pressure, it could be too low. I had similar issues when fuel pressure to fmu decreased. Spark plugs shouldn't be doing that unless they are fouled. Should be an easy fix, check your plugs for fouling and make sure your fuel pressure is right. Could also bump back the fuel on your map at idle.

Im sure frank can answer my questions the best since he built the bike, why is the spark plugs gaped so small .020 what purpose is that for? also when its cold out the bike will not start lol unless i **** with it for a couple days of tryng to crank and crank it....i can smell the gas when its cranking then ill let it sit for an hour and it will start... when it finally starts you can her the engine kinda stop and then it fires any clues?

Richierich - I'm not sure which bike you are referring to, I would need more information in regard to what Stage kit, FMU, piggybacks, larger stock injectors, Gen 1, Gen 2, etc. - to address your starting issue, which I am sure can be rectified. As far as the small gap on the spark plugs, typically that is done on blown bikes to prevent boost from snuffing the spark out.:whistle:

Its the blue 04 thats jays old bike hahn stage two

Okay . . . I want you to bypass the powercommander. Unplug the two main plugs from the powercommander harness, and plug the bike's main harness directly to the throttle body plug, just like stock. See what the bike does when you try to start it again, and report back . . .:whistle:

+1

PC3 ;)
first turbo busa yrs ago... had to run mine with the crank plug unused , or it would crank for ages without firing ,
but it would run fine doing injectors only just had no option to retard timing .

k i unpluged the two white:banghead: connecters and put the other together under the tank pretty sure thats the right ones now it seems like it wants to start more kids kicking but still has not started

k i unpluged the two white:banghead: connecters and put the other together under the tank pretty sure thats the right ones now it seems like it wants to start more kids kicking but still has not started

Pull the spark plugs and see if they are wet. If they are, clean them, install them and try again. Don't give the bike any throttle while you are trying to start it. Report back . . .

Does yours have the brown 2 wire plug on the crank senser wire, that was the area that gave me trouble , if i put the original connectors together and ignored the pc ones it worked fine

Does yours have the brown 2 wire plug on the crank senser wire, that was the area that gave me trouble , if i put the original connectors together and ignored the pc ones it worked fine

OZ, I believe he has a PCIIIUSB . . .

Thanks Frank
Was not sure with the vintage of the kit and wanted to be sure something small wasn't overlooked :)

so let it sit for a day cleaned the plugs and tryed it .. it cranked a few time then the motor stoped and the cranked and then it kicked repeatedly but still didnt start

put a charger on it if the battery is low and not cranking fast enough it will not allow the ecu to spark the spark plugs. i think it has to crank 800 rpms for the engine to fire. anything less it wont fire. good luck bro

Rich - it would have been helpful if you would have added that you had let somebody else re-map the bike. The map in your PC is entirely different from the custom map POWERHOUSE built. Unless you changed something in the motor, the fuel system, or the exhaust, there was no reason to have somebody else re-tune that bike. I handed you a bike that did consistent 8.40s at over 170+ on pump gas, and ran perfect. It had no starting issues at all and was a great street bike . . . please re-load the original map that I sent, and see what the bike does then.:poke:

Yea sorry i didnt know he re did the whole map i thought he made a second map and i asked him about the idle for the other map, did not know he changed it so severe, and since i was riding alost everyday in the summer i didnt notice a problem....until it sat for a little bit so once again i am sorry..:bowdown:

Yea sorry i didnt know he re did the whole map i thought he made a second map and i asked him about the idle for the other map, did not know he changed it so severe, and since i was riding alost everyday in the summer i didnt notice a problem....until it sat for a little bit so once again i am sorry..:bowdown:

No worries, not your fault. I was very concerned, since POWERHOUSE built that bike. Just goes to show what can happen when other hands get in there . . . the bottom line is making it right again!:laugh:

Back