Fender or Undertail??? the question

what to do with rear fender????

• Total voters
i cut my tail off with a kitchen knife when bored (drunk) one night and just left a lil tab for the licsence plate bracket to mount back on and killed the turnsignals cause i was buying a led tail with integrated turns

Remove fender, get chrome plate cover with built in LED's for $30 and go with hot bodies black out kit for $80, for alittle over $100 you get a much cleaner look:

2947487622_d1ec18b92b.jpg

Last edited:
More pictures, I might do this... Do you cut the fender underneith?

You remove the 4 screws and take the fender off, no need to cut it, just unscrew it. You will re-use the wiring for a alternative plate light. You can use the reflecter brackets to mount the plate, or purchase a fender eliminator kit. Its pretty easy to do, should only take 1/2 hour to complete. You could also use tag bolt light kit, around $20 if you don't want a plate frame with built in LED's. Somewhere on these boards is a complete instruction of what to do, detailed with pics, search the forums for 'removing fender' or something.

Last edited:
You remove the 4 screws and take the fender off, no need to cut it, just unscrew it. You will re-use the wiring for a alternative plate light. You can use the reflecter brackets to mount the plate, or purchase a fender eliminator kit. Its pretty easy to do, should only take 1/2 hour to complete. You could also use tag bolt light kit, around $20 if you don't want a plate frame with built in LED's. Somewhere on these boards is a complete instruction of what to do, detailed with pics, search the forums for 'removing fender' or something.

r u refering to '08 busa here dude???

Chopped my Gen I and installed CA Integrated tail light...no problems and all riders have said they can see it just fine, even in the FL sun. I kept the faster blink rate...more annoying/eye catching to others on the road.

Still running my Top Gun undertail, but will be replacing it with a new one I have that is color matched and utilizes the stock tail light. I need to pick up a CA integrated LED unit or equivalent. I already have the rest of the pieces.

I love my Top Gun, but it has been on there for a few years and I'm ready for something new.

Last edited:
I cut mine on the 99, then I used the stuff you get from Advance auto that goes on the outside of your car door edges to keep dings at bay to run around the edge I cut off. Looked great in my eyes and had nice clean lines. My 03 had an undertail on it when I bought it and I did Not like it. I horse traded for a stock one and did the cut again. I like the look better than the undertail but thats just me. Good luck, Mike..

I cut mine on the 99, then I used the stuff you get from Advance auto that goes on the outside of your car door edges to keep dings at bay to run around the edge I cut off. Looked great in my eyes and had nice clean lines. My 03 had an undertail on it when I bought it and I did Not like it. I horse traded for a stock one and did the cut again. I like the look better than the undertail but thats just me. Good luck, Mike..

hw bout some pics here man............

Yeah I was, sorry, blonde moment. :lol:

hahahahak dats olright...i actuaLLY did went searching for the 4screws :lol:

Still running my Top Gun undertail, but will be replacing it with a new one I have that is color matched and utilizes the stock tail light. I need to pick up a CA integrated LED unit or equivalent. I already have the rest of the pieces.

I love my Top Gun, but it has been on there for a few years and I'm ready for something new.

tinking of seLLing ur topgun bro??? im looking for 1 nw ........

I wish I had chopped mine. I originally bought a mototech (no longer in business) which turned out to be garbage. Most recently, I bought a hotbidies. Fortunately the fit on my 07 is perfect as you can get for after market. I'm very pleased with the hotbodies, but it took about a year to find one that wasen't trash. Any how, just my 2cents.

I chopped mine and moved the plate right under the tail light with the stock bracket, put aftermarket signals on, and chopped as much as possible

All stock here. If and when I get caught in the rain, it keeps crap from getting all over me. It also keeps debris that might be on the road off my back.

Hotbodies undertail, I love mine

My Hotbodies (without hugger fender) has been on for over a year, I've riden on dirt roads, the track and all over with NO damage at all to the surface. Maybe I've been lucky but I'm doing the same thing to a streetfighter I'm currently building. To me, an undertail makes the Gen I look lighter. Raydog

Back