dragracer440

Registered
a buddy gave me a comp. werkes fender eliminator kit
and no instructions. i am normaly good with this stuff
but this installation puzzles me. do you cut the factory
pan that is attached to the fender, or remove the whole
fender pan?? any advise would really be appreciated
thanks reg

I'm not sure on the comp werks....but on my Top Gun I had to hack the he!! out of the stock pan
wink.gif

a buddy gave me a comp. werkes fender eliminator kit
and no instructions. i am normaly good with this stuff
but this installation puzzles me. do you cut the factory
pan that is attached to the fender, or remove the whole
fender pan?? any advise would really be appreciated
thanks reg
I just received a new rear fender from Ron Ayers because I butchered up my stock one trying to follow the instructions that came with my Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator.

The instructions are for ca-ca!. What I received was a bad copy of their instructions with no reference points for measurements, really poor B/W pictures, and text that was was missing key points. I emailed Competition Werkes about the instructions and the reply was you have the same thing we have. We are going to redo them but we are too busy make undertails for the new bikes. I called their tech support and was talked down to by the person than answered the call. In addition I was told this is the hardest undertail to install they make and they get lots of calls on it. The voice on the other end of the phone told me to call them back when I have the bike apart and they would talk me through it. The problem with that is they are only open Monday thru Friday, 9-5, closed on Saturday. I guess people are expected to take off work to install their parts.

Long story short, I raised enough hell with the company they offered to refund me dealer cost if I sent it back.  I told them to pound sand, if this was the hardest Fender eliminator / Undertail to install (because of crappy instructions), they needed to make it right for everyone. I suggested they take plenty of pictures (digital cameras are cheap now), have someone narrate the steps to a technical writer, put all of these together and have someone that had never installed the part do the install. Once the bugs had been worked out of the install either post it on their website or make a .PDF file for download.

It's a shame too because it is one of the few Fender Eliminators / Undertails that retains the stock taillight. I personnaly hate the "Jetsons" look of the sunken twin bulb Undertails. Oh Well!

Send me a fax number and I will fax you the instructions I have. Make no mistake, you will still be confused trying to do the install.

Back