Fellow Hayabusa rider needs Your help!

Z-Estonia

Registered
Hi! Firstly, I'm new here so if some moderator thinks, that this thread should be somewhere else, then please move it.
I'm also a motorcycle rider, unfortunately, I'm not riding Hayabusa, but R1 instead... :)

Anyway, now to the story:
I have to tell that I haven't seen Mait for few years, but he really is a motorcycle enthusiast. Last time I saw him, he owned beautiful black Hayabusa that he loved to ride and travel with. He also had another dream - to build amphibious car named Amphibear and navigate it around the world. His preparations, car building and testing took many-many years. He was very enthusiastic to talk about it. Finally his journey started last year, when he left from his home (Estonia), traveled across Europe, Africa, crossed Atlantic ocean to Cape Verde and then tried to cross ocean to South-America. Unfortunately, he got into troubles because of leaking pontoons and had to abandon the car. Few days later, car was fortunately found by Norwegian ship Geoholm, that transported the car to it's destination in Brazil. He then tried to talk with the company that made those pontoons and it already seemed that everything will be fine and he can continue to make his dream come true. Unfortunately the producer changed its mind and doesn't want to take responsibility for broken pontoons or even to make new ones. He now needs to find new company that is able to produce such pontoons. Pontoons also cost a lot, so there's also a financial problems. Here I'm looking for you to help, so he can continue, ride across South-America, North-America, cross Pacific Ocean to Asia and finish his magnificent journey. Maybe there is someone, who knows some company who can produce those pontoons? In that case, please contact directly to Mait. I'm sure that financial help is also very welcome.

More information about Mait and his dream that could not be realized without your help can be seen from Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Amphibear and here - Amphibear.com
There are pictures, blog, videos about the project and you can also donate if you can.

Thank You all in advance and if you are unable to help, then please share it with friends who may be.

Oh, and really sorry for my english, it's not my first language...

Interesting mission to be on; can't say I've heard of this before now...thanks for the info and hopefully with some exposure, he can get the additional help needed to complete his journey.

Welcome to the oRg! :thumbsup:

Interesting indeed. There's lot of people traveling around the world with cars, motorcycles, planes, boats, yachts and so on, but I believe that no one has ever tried anything like this before. It would be really sad, if he couldn't finish it.
Amphibear3.jpg

amphibear154.jpg

005.JPG

Back