Failed DOD inspection

papi_ocho

Registered
Had to get my bike visually inspected in order to get a DOD sticker.
And my integrated rear turn signal is not 8.5 inches apart..

Any ideas on decent looking signals options out there?

Stock tail light, stock under tail cut off to look clean.

I would really like the license plate cover with the turn signals on the end... Not sure where I saw those our if they are even made anymore..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

You could just get some cheap LED's and wire those up just to pass inspection and remove after that.

I saw a license plate bracket that has them on the sides. They were barely noticable, and you could wire them up for inspection, but unplug them afterwards.

IDK where I saw it though, so no help there

what does the Department of Defence have to do with your bike? :laugh:

DOT... keep everything stock or EPA certified.

Lol yeah I'm military... And the only reason the turn signals are on there is because of texas state inspection. I preliminary use hand signals... Any time I don't.. I'm probably going to fast and it wouldn't of made a difference to signal or not

ebay a stock setup....remove it after inspection.

or make a new bracket with metal from the local hardware store to get the signals the needed distance apart.

those guys are dumb arses, as long as you pass your state inspection you should be fine...i had the same problem with my old hot rod, then i showed them that if your car was older than 30 years it didn't require an inspection and they had to give me a base sticker...plus working with the MP's has it perks:whistle:

being in cali now state inspection doesn't really apply...

i like these-
Lockhart Phillips USA :: LP USA LIGHTWORKS :: TURN SIGNALS :: LICENSE PLATE TURN SIGNALS :: BRACKET

also these.. i can make them work
Lockhart Phillips USA :: LP USA LIGHTWORKS :: TURN SIGNALS :: SUZUKI :: GSXR1000 05-08 :: LP USA MIRROR BLOCKOFF FLUSH MOUNT TURN SIGNAL SUZUKI GSXR1000 05-08 DARK SMOKE

really really like these becuase i have the red reflectors mounted on the plate anyway
Lockhart Phillips USA :: LP USA LIGHTWORKS :: TURN SIGNALS :: LICENSE PLATE TURN SIGNALS :: DOT LED

hmmmm....

need to make a decision pretty quick... factor in shipping and doing the work. i only have 14days to correct the discrepancey and get it reinspected.... if i'm busted riding on base after that then i get cited... also plan on making this a permenant mod, only becuase i don't want to hear @##& from the "rightous chasers" on base in the future

Here's what I did to mine, 12 LED's per side. They are pretty bright. Got them for Luckybike.com for about 20 bucks a year ago.

garage_vehicle-429-12571280995_thumb.jpg

garage_vehicle-429-12571282171.jpg

hmmm...are signals even required? Here in iowa they are not a requirement as you are allowed to use hand signals.

bummer, but :rulez: from the dod arent made to be broken

Lol... Yup but I did see alot of guys riding around on base today with base stickers (past the inspection) with integrated signals.. I don't want to be that guy.. I work for a general kinda trying to stay low key on this base... Found a shop that will get me fixed up, in compliance, for pretty cheap. Going to check them out tomorrow.

I have inegrated signals and a shaved tray as well. Instead of using resistors inline I put flush mount signals with standard bulbs over the holes on the sides of the tray. Effectively slowed down the blink rate and now have integrated signals as well as flush mounts on either side. It's an option and I think it looks sweet.

DSC00129.jpg

I love that tail light. Wanted to buy it in texas glad now that I didn't cause I would of been highly upset if I had spent the money just to add another set of blinkers. But I did end up getting some lock heart philips (spell check that). Once the sun is up I'll post a pic or two..

But now I have a NEW issue. There was a box (module ) of some kind. No markings. It integrated the tail light, allowing the turn signals to flash the break light bulbs. It also flashed the tail light when breaks were pressed (I like that part).

I wired the auxiliary turn signals before the module because, again the box uses the break light bulb as a turn signal and I didn't want the yellow auxiliary signals flashing when I pushed the break...

BUT now all wired up signals operate properly... But the dang break light didn't flash... So there is a box on the bike that is doing absolutely NOTHING... And I really liked the breaks flashing

I can't remember the name of that unit exactly but I keep thinking it's called "BACK OFF" or something of that nature. Basically to bring more attention to yourself as you are coming to a stop.

Back