Integrated tail light

easportz

Registered
so I got rid of the stock light and turn signals and put in an integrated smoke tail light. (cleaner look with a black tail)
So here's my prob: Now the turn signals are flashing faster than the stock (obviously reporting a short in the system to the cpu) but everything still works fine (aside from the faster turn signal flash intervals)

Anyone know how to fix this?

0128111601.jpg

You don't NEED the flasher relay. They work fine, but what easportz said will work too. The problem you're having (as does anyone with LED turn signals) is that they use WAY less current to run. Therefore they don't have the circuit resistance of a regular bulb which is what the computer uses to tell when you have a bulb out. It's flashing faster because the computer thinks your bulb is burned out. Load Equalizers Just scroll down till you see the load equalizers. Grab one 6 ohm for each side. Splice between the ground and flash circuit. They have installation instructions on there too, if you need any more help.

I like em fast its like.... hey look, look look look I said LOOOK at me!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I found a thread on here somewhere and put a new flasher in mine. Worked great. This was AFTER Clear Alternatives had sent me a half dozen that either flashed too fast, burned up, or did not work at all........

how hard are those to wire in pashnit

Jim, I don't have the wire diagram in front of me, but simple two wires. It is the same thing as going to Radio Shack for those resisters, just these are pre-made by a well-established company you can call anytime for help, plus encased in a vibration-damping shell that's also waterproof and designed for motorcycle specific applications.

Dual_Load_Equali_4ae7315bb90d4.jpg

Dual_Load_Equali_4ae7315bb90d4.jpg

Over here in OZ I fitted the same style of light and had to wire in an LED resistor on each side. Set me back $48AUD for the pair. The light cost me ~$24AUD. Mine was the smokey lens too. Looks nice. I did the cut and shut tail mod on mine too, cleans up the lines really good.

But the LH side tail started flickering. Contacted the seller and they offered to replace it for no charge, but I had to pay the postage. I bought a new light, it was cheaper than paying postage two ways.

I use a flasher relay, since it's just a straight swap. No messing around with wiring, just plug 'n' play.

Mines an 06 too, but the relay also does the side stand cutout.

You just fitted a new relay then? That would have bypassed the old one.

I left that in there and just fitted the resistors.

Back