Rear Turn Signal Recommendations

av82r

Registered
Need help...have 2006 Busa with Light Werkes integrated tail light....Great state of Virginia says thats a no go for inspection....already removed stock rear signals and cut black plasitic fender, looking for recommendations to either add custom turn signals off of license plate bracket or as part of a fender eliminater kit. Virgina law says turns signals have to be 9" apart!

I just bought an integrated signal myself.

I don't know if these are going to be bright enough for you, but I just bought these: AM series Miniature Rectangle Accent Light - Black | LED Light Modules | Accent Lighting | Super Bright LEDs.

I am going to stick these on the back of the passenger foot peg stem (?) or on the sides of the license plate.

The pic in the link below is the location I was going to mount them on the peg.
busa%202-500x500.jpg

If the inspector is a hard case, you may be stuck putting the stockers back on. The foot peg idea is decent if you can get bright enough LED's. The eBay ones tend to be a bit dim, the autozone ones are more expensive, but bright enough to see in the daylight.
You could rig up something ugly to to get ya through inspection and remove it after, ya might get run over while turning left, but hey, least the bike will good till then :laugh:

Just go elsewhere.
Not every inspector is so strict(regardless of the law).
Troopers will give you a ticket for whatever they want anyway, and alot of them don't know all the laws off the top of their head either.
Majority of them aren't gonna pull you over for an aftermarket undertail.
I've had so many Va cops behind me on multiple bikes over the years, with undertails and never a problem.
Likely the only time you'de get a ticket would be if you were pulled over for something else, and they were looking for everything else they could find. Even then they'de likely miss it.:beerchug:

Take a look at the ones in my avatar. I added them to the license plate holder just in case the turn signals on the undertail were not acceptable. I got the turn signals from eBay and they are super bright, even in the day.

Yeah there is alot of different ways to go but the easiest route would be to take it to another place to get inspected. Maybe the guy rides harleys and just giving you a hard time :laugh:

Back