F150 tailgate part?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I need some help finding a part, and I thought I would ask the org.
I have a 2019 Ford F150, and I am in search of the tailgate handle trim.
I added locking multiple position tailgate latches last year, which allow the tailgate to lock at multiple angles.
While towing a friend's trailer with my tailgate at about 45°, a bump caused the tailgate to drop...falling on top of the crank handle for the trailer jack.
This busted the latch handle housing that I have since had zip-tied in place.
This model also does Not have a mechanical handle, but an electronic button instead. This trim also holds the back-up camera and light.
The trim is plastic with 2 tabs on the bottom, and 2 on the top, and just snaps into place.
The top 2 tabs are what broke off(hence the zip-tie to hold it in).
I cannot find this part in any of the oem Ford diagrams either.
I found one in bare plastic months ago, but can no longer.
My truck is black, Agate black is the official color.
2015-2020 are the same, the black colors may or may not be different across the years, but black is black in this case.
I would buy new or used, but don't want to pay a fortune for used with all the guts in it(camera, light, and tailgate switch, as mine are all ok).
All I can find are these stick-on covers everywhere(which help me none).
I have one pictured, which looks identical to what I need on the front...only they are just a cover, so they don't have the tabs on the back to snap into the actual tailgate, and to hold the light, camera, and switch.
My local Ford dealer is also pathetic...really. It is unbeliveable the level of incompetence there.
I'm going to have to start driving Alot further(6yr 100k warranty and maintenance plan, and I bought it 90+miles away from another dealer...for same reason).
If anyone has any info I would be extremely grateful!
Thankyou

Screenshot_20220111-104501_eBay.jpg

Does your truck have the heated tailgate?

That's so your hands don't get cold when you have to push it.....:lol:

Ford thinks of everything....

No! The bastards!
I'm going to have to complain now!
lmao!
I used to use that line on anyone who didn't have a Ford when I was a Ford guy....now the tables have turned...

Heck, now all of them have power tailgates which lower at the push of a button....how frickin' lazy have people got that they can't lower a tailgate....

My neighbor tried to talk me into putting one of those "Dee Zee" tailgate things on my truck...I said when the day comes that I can't lower a tailgate as light as what's on my pick up, it's time to drive something else....

I used to use that line on anyone who didn't have a Ford when I was a Ford guy....now the tables have turned...

Heck, now all of them have power tailgates which lower at the push of a button....how frickin' lazy have people got that they can't lower a tailgate....

My neighbor tried to talk me into putting one of those "Dee Zee" tailgate things on my truck...I said when the day comes that I can't lower a tailgate as light as what's on my pick up, it's time to drive something else....
I agree
I found out this thing had alot more bells and whistles after I got it.
Including(if you haven't heard me complain before) that they deleted the cd player in 2018, and the 2019 dash otherwise looks identical, minus the cd slot...noticed that on my drive home from the dealer, lmao!

I do Love the fancy pull-out 'old man step and handle' in the tailgate though.
So now the aluminum tailgate weighs as much as the old steel ones, lol
but it still isn't heavy.

I do Love the fancy pull-out 'old man step and handle' in the tailgate though.
So now the aluminum tailgate weighs as much as the old steel ones, lol
but it still isn't heavy.
My neighbor has an F350 with all the goods and he has that...it's pretty handy.

Back