F1 Warning Light, HELP

I had installed an MSD launch master shortly after buying my 08. I pulled the clutch interlock lead from the ecm. No need to be forced to have the engine not start just cause the clutch is out. 'I always pull the clutch in to start anyway', I say to myself.

Shortly after I get the red FI light. Bike idles fine during warm up, but once up to temp, like a lite switch (perhaps over 160 deg water temp?) the idle changes to poo. Bike will stall when throttle is slammed shut and forgive me , I do not remember the code, but It was the "idle air control valve' error. Seemed silly - but I trouble shot a lot of stuff, and then finally said, "well, maybe the silly idle air valve functions differently with the clutch in and out?" Strange. Haven't seen it on car EFI, but who knows?

I disconnected the MSD and rewired the clutch switch back to stock. No more FI fault. Idles great.

The fix was to sell the MSD Launch Master on eBay.

I'd check that silly switch. If the dealer was looking at idle air valve, and the clutch switch - they must have seen the same error. Follow the lead looking for a pushed pin.

That's my $0.02. FWIW

Yea probably the o2 wire ...It should have came with a cap to plug into where the o2 sensor wire to jump it...the o2 isn't needed with the pc.Just leave it in the pipe to plug the hole.

I think you should unhook the PC 3 and hook the 02 sensor back up (if it is jumped....should be) test ride it. If the light comes on, stop and jump the plug and find the code yourself. There is a section somewhere on here on how to find the code...search.

+1 Yup.

Did you hook the wire up for the pc cause that will cause the fi light to come on i have the pc5 on my 09 and ti force with no problems

Have the throttle bodies been adjusted at any time ? if so was ICS held whilst doing so and then after balance procedure was ICS re set ?
Could be cause of problem ?
First big move i would make to progressively find the area at fault would be to JUNK :whistle: the PC III and flash the ECU which immediately eliminates one factor straight up. :thumbsup:

:race:i am the proud original owner of a 2000 hayabusa ,with roughly 8500 miles on it,basically stock,yosh slip-ons ,k&n filters,some chrome accents(to make it faster):lol:. it has never been down and been babied mostly over the last 12 years. recently i took it on a five state roadtrip, and after 250 miles ,no problem occurred. until of course i started heading home in the dark and rain.
then i noticed the headlight flickering intermittently , then the fi light starts coming on . bike starts chopping and needs to be held in high rpm. after pulling over to see if anything major is going on ,like an overheat or an oil spill, (leaving the bike running), the light goes out , and i start riding again .
after getting up to speed, the fi light pops back on. i pit stop for gas at the next exit and the bike stalls out ,bike will not start.
dead battery seemed like the problem . so i find the nearest hill and pushstart into 2nd gear. vroommm, :laugh: thinking i fixed the trouble. at least till i get it home, i hit the highway again.
of course the light comes back on ,bike starts chopping, stalling and starting , i tried to keep the revs up ,but get slowed in traffic .and at about 20 miles to go i stall in traffic and need to be towed home off the highway.
i was let down by my magnificent beastly machine.:unhappy:
and hit with a $240 tow bill:2cents:.
now trying to assess the root cause , i take a battery tender to the bike,to give it a charge. and i get no continuity lights. i take off the seat to see the battery ,
and find the cable contacts loose on the positive side.:cussing:
i removed the very new battery to recharge off the bike.
??? could this have caused all my distress? a small simple thing like a loose screw? i am about to revoke my own license to ride!!!:banghead:
its amazing to think that ,but it looks apparent. i will post definate findings after .
??? do you cause any damage to the bike by riding with no battery power for extended times?
???could a battery tender do damage to the bike after prolonged use?
if anyone has had this similar expirience let me know:please:
also ,the frequent use of a battery tender and short rides 100miles or less at a time , may have masked the loose connection for some time now.because every time i rode out and discharged the battery , i connected the tender right after riding to charge it up again for the next ride.and /or the almost 500 miles of vibration loosening up the screws on the post causing the bad connection and failure of the bike.

just like everyone else said... if you dont have a 02 sim installed you are going to throw a code... if you dont have one order it... its 20 bucks and will fix your problem

Back