F1 light came on but reset after cutting igntion

nabusa

Registered
So this has happened twice now and about 3 months apart. I was going home, I was riding for roughly 9 hrs and the F1 light came on. Bike didn't turn off it kept running. I pulled over and turned the bike off. I turned the ignition to the on position and no F1 light. Started her up and still nothing. I continued on my way and a few minutes later it came on again. I was about 10mins from home so I kept going until I got home. It was raining heavliy fyi on the way back home. Happened this past Sunday and I have been riding since then with no issues. Anyone have this kind of issue? Bike has 21,000miles on it.

The ECU resets itself when you power off the bike, therefore the FI light goes off. The next time it comes on, keep the bike running and put it into dealer mode and get the C-code. From there, you will be able to tell what it's complaining about. Do a search for dealer mode and you will find pics and instructions on how to get the bike into that mode, but the bike must be running with that light flashing.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/2624976-post9.html

You need to pull the code next time it comes on. Carry a piece of wire as shown in first pic. Under seat next to battery is white plug. First pic is with cap on, second pic is with cap off. Insert wire as shown and it will jump the circuit and put bike in dealer mode thus displaying code.
Follow instructions in first pic to pull code. Third pic shows error code displayed on gauges where miles usually show. Fourth pic is list of error codes. Let us know..

91063e16.jpg

Cap off
7d8e0ccb.jpg

Error code 'c27'
d99d780b.jpg

List of error codes
e1d17439.jpg

Please post when u figure it out. I'm curious to see what the big bus complains about when rode for a nine hour stretch.....

Rockethead using Tapatalk

She made a big back fire which is when the F1 light came on. She hasn't made a hicup since Sunday but I'll post the error if she does it again.

I had a similar problem a while ago. Only notable difference was that my bike stalled when I let it drop to idle. Turned out to be a plugged injector.

I agree with all the above post of III, and Blanca helped with pix, so now we have Busa for Dummies :laugh:

All I ever have to do is shut her down and restart light gone

Yes I hit the kill by mistake causing the engine to misfire which turns on the light.
:moon:

You made it sound like it was a regular occurance, not a one time thing like your second post. I'm sure there are few Busa owners that think shutting her down and restarting it cures the FI light...just tryin to help the group.

Light came back on today. It was a C40 code. I have the clutch saftey switch bypassed since I'm not using the stock busa clutch master cylinder. Anyone else bypass their switch?
Posted via Mobile Device

The ECU resets itself when you power off the bike, therefore the FI light goes off. The next time it comes on, keep the bike running and put it into dealer mode and get the C-code. From there, you will be able to tell what it's complaining about. Do a search for dealer mode and you will find pics and instructions on how to get the bike into that mode, but the bike must be running with that light flashing.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/2624976-post9.html

The bike doesn't have to be running as long as the key is in the on position.

Back