f1 light staying on

mikebusa

Registered
hi installed a set of yoshi trc slip on cans to my k8. got it run in on the dyno and tuned, 184.15 hp at the rear wheel. after last dyno run f1 light came on. error c 44. was told by someone on the forum that this was a heated oxygen sensor,just wondering is it safe to run the bike.went for a drive yesterday and it ran fine with the light on.
race.gif

It would probably be fine if its running normally. But if its under warranty why not just go and have it checked out?

But if its under warranty why not just go and have it checked out?
Don't know how your dealerships are there in Ireland, but in many places here, dealers will point fingers at the non-stock slip-ons. It might make life easier to slip back on the stock canisters before taking the bike in.

In any event, I personally would try to get this corrected... you don't want to run the bike like this. If the light was always on, and at some point you actually *do* develop a legitimate EFI problem (that would normally cause the FI light to illuminate), you wouldn't know about it or suspect anything unless the problem actually gave you drivability issues.

Mike: F1 = FI.

I'm not certain why so many people get this messed up...

Back