F1 light is on

Busa Bill

Donating Member
Registered
Ok this is how it all began ..Sunday set my TPS and went for ride all is well came home yesterday and went for a little ride still no F1 light on so came home today after talking to the Cheese man and un pluged my battery pluged it in loaded a map and went for a brief ride all is fine turned around down the road and got on to it ,OH yea it feels great responce and all but I noticed that the F1 light was on blinking ,this was just after I layed into to her . So came home just a minute ago turned off the bike and started it again no F1 light ,hmmm.It seems to come on when I get on it .need some help guys dont like the looks of it thats for sure Im low in fuel but I dont think that would be the problem .HELP!!!!

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry, I just saw your post for the 1st time...
All I can say is my Fi light came on once, and I still don't know why...
After turning the bike off and restarting it, the light has not come on again...
Sorry, I know that's not any help, but Someone will have a good answer for you...

David

I see the help coming in from all directions.
biggrin.gif
The only thing I could think of is the ecu didnt like the map. I would try reloading it again if you haven't already. Mine came on when a wire slipped out of the Fuel pump as well. Might wanna check that.

Busa Bill

Donating Member
Registered
I don’t know, I put it up after that night and today pulled the cables off the battery let it set for a min. or two cleared the PC with 00 map, this should have put me with no codes on the ECM and a 0 map on the PC. Loaded a map set the clock and reset trip meters to 0 went for a ride hammered it a quite of few times never came on since ,WEIRD!!
rock.gif
, Anyway been looking for a good map to run on the girl ended up with a European map, seems to run all right. I have been up and down with maps and wasn’t to sure my bike liked the exhaust I put on it (Hindle full race carbon) and again up and down on buying something different, cant seem to make my mind up .I’m not a dragger I run low and mid most of the time plus I commute back and forth to work everyday if possible .I'm Venting ….lol

Bansh

Registered
Mine did that when I put a custom map in my PCIII,
Reloaded the map that HMF sent with the exhaust and haven't seen the red light since, (knock, knock).

I have a 2001 busa my light comes on every now and then still runs hard I was going to take the fairing off to see whether it had 02 sensors that might be causing it

Ok this is how it all began ..Sunday set my TPS and went for ride all is well came home yesterday and went for a little ride still no F1 light on so came home today after talking to the Cheese man and un pluged my battery pluged it in loaded a map and went for a brief ride all is fine turned around down the road and got on to it ,OH yea it feels great responce and all but I noticed that the F1 light was on blinking ,this was just after I layed into to her . So came home just a minute ago turned off the bike and started it again no F1 light ,hmmm.It seems to come on when I get on it .need some help guys dont like the looks of it thats for sure Im low in fuel but I dont think that would be the problem .HELP!!!!
I guess an out of parameter Air/fuel mixture would throw a code, especially under high demand, going too rich or too lean, I’ve got no experience with PC’s or maps.

Most likes - Past 7 days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarpe