Hayabusa 2006 - Wouldn't Start And Showing F1 Light

Dmax

Registered
I have Hayabusa 2006 and I am facing an starting issues many times. Bike was showing FI light on and F1 code. Bike is wouldn't started.
I couldn't get what the F1 code meaning and how to resolve this bike start issue.
Please help me.
Please check screenshot

IMG_20170723_184051.jpg

Can anyone suggest how to fix this issue for F1 code?
Bike is not getting started.
Anyone face similar issue with buss in past and did any fix for it?

There is a white plug under your seat, I believe it is 6 or 8 pin. Pull the apart. Start your bike, then shut the motor off, but leave the ignition on. Then, using a paper clip or wire, connect two of the wires on the plhg. Im not sure what colors the wires are, but you can look it up on youtube. If you search "reading hayabusa fault codes" I'm sure you'll find a video.
Once you do the you'll get a number didplayed where the fi was. The number will tell you what comoonent is faulty.

It some time started when I switch off then side stand down to up and then switch on and starting bike then F1 code disappeared. Next again starting then again showing F1 code and bike doesn't get start. Showing randomly this F1 code.
I don't know technical much about bike. Please suggest what to do.

Until you put it in 'dealer mode', to find out what code is coming up, no one can offer any useful ideas.
If you can't work out how to put it in 'dealer mode', maybe take it to a bike shop.

Without the code you will be guessing. That being said, from what you've described I'm betting it is your kickstand switch, which won't send a code anyways.

The next time it won't start do this:

-Put the bike in neutral. This is critical!!!
-With you left hand push in the sensor plunger on the kickstand
-With your right hand reach over and press the starter button
-Jiggle the kickstand switch/plunger with your left hand as you press the starter.

You can also bypass the kickstand switch, but then it will be possible to start the bike clutch out and in gear...which could be very very bad.

Or you can clean and or replace the kickstand switch.

Without the code you will be guessing. That being said, from what you've described I'm betting it is your kickstand switch, which won't send a code anyways.

-Jiggle the kickstand switch/plunger with your left hand as you press the starter.

You can also bypass the kickstand switch, but then it will be possible to start the bike clutch out and in gear...which could be very very bad.

If you're going to do this, remember to pull the clutch lever in, you could have a faulty clutch lever switch (just a thought) but I don't think that throws a code

Sure I will try this

Still issue not resolved. I observed when I switch on the bike then the pump sound something like "Errrrrrr... " is not coming when this F1 code is flashing. I tried randomly and when this sound comes then bike starts. I don't know what to call this sound. Can you guide me and is this the problem that bike is facing and showing F1 code?

Could be your fuel pump relay playing up, if you don't get a 3 second 'whirring' sound from your fuel tank area, when the ignition is switched on, your pump isn't supplying any pressure to the injectors=no bike running.

You tube has a very good video on putting it in dealer mode. Just do a search on "putting hayabusa in dealer mode". I uust did it lady night, very easy.

It was Power Commander 3 which was malfunctioning. Removed power commander and now bike starts every time and does not showing FI light. Thank you all for suggestions and helping me.

Back