F1 light on

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
Hey my F1 light just started poping on. It stays off at the beginning of a ride but 5-10mins in it pops on. I cut of teh bike and it goes off then 10 mins later on again. I recently stopped using 93 oct and started using 87 could this be a prob. Also my gas needle drops to no gas and the light comes on even when i have gas. Its a 2001busa with 6400 miles full system pc 2. Oh i also winterized the bike but unwinterized it after i had problems with my motorcycle cover, could the stabil be causeing it

Do you have a copy of the repair manual? There is a way to check for trouble codes.

i have a micor finch and some other parts manual. Dont you need a special device to pull the codes from the bike

not really. You just need to be able to connect the two wires in the plug. The switch they show just makes it easier. Keep in mine I have never done this so I can't be 100% sure.

1.jpg

thanks man ill have to work on it tomorrw though casue its cold as crap and i dont have a garage

i recall removing the spark plugs to put oil in them could it be that i didnt attach them right?

hey where do i get the special tool from

connect wires A&B? Are they labled with anything

There are only 2 wire in the plug, the 2 other are empty.. Just short the plug that has only 2 conductors!
smile.gif
It will put your bike in dealer mode!
smile.gif
Double check to make sure you have the right plug!
smile.gif
But there isn't that much 4 wire (2 empty) and not connected to anything!
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

im not seeing these wires shown in the diagram can someone give me a shot of the switch on their bike?
rock.gif

Yeah i found it just now connect the wires and it says -C00 on the dash searchin now to see what this means

Does the bike feel as if it's missing when the FI light comes on???
evil.gif

Dont know if this helps with my problem but my gas needle is always on E no matter how much gas i have in it. Could this have something to do with why the light stays on?

Does the bike feel as if it's missing when the FI light comes on???  
evil.gif
Nah the bike doesnt hesitate or anything. I took the airbox off checked the spark plugs. Check the throttle bodies to make sure no wires were pinched and nothing looked unusal. But when i start it gas needle says empty. Then the light comes on.

Back