F1 display on dash?

first vr4

Registered
Can anyone tell me why there is a F1 displayed on my dash? That and there is a red F1 light on also?
2001 Busa

Thanks,
Shawn

(first vr4 @ Nov. 12 2006,18:43) Can anyone tell me why there is a F1 displayed on my dash? That and there is a red F1 light on also?
2001 Busa

Thanks,
Shawn
Not F1...it's FI for Fuel Injection...if the red light is on when the bike is
running, you have got a problem  
wink.gif

Well turns out my fuel gauge does not work. Not sure if they are related? The bike does stutter at idle and low revs. I just got the bike and the only mod I know of is the Yoshi exhaust.
Thanks for the help,
Shawn

A non-displaying fuel gauge will give you a FI light.

You can use the paper clip method yourself to get the code or take it to a dealership.

For the paper clip method, find the plug coming out CPU that only has 2 wires. It is normally stuffed behind the CPU between the rider and passenger seat. The plug has 2 wires but 4 holes. Jump the 2 holes that the wires are connected to while the ignition is on and the code will display where the clock is.

It also comes on when you lay it down.

Make sure you do the marble mod.

FI does not stand for fuel injection. It stands for Fault Indicator or some such. It could be many different things if the light is on. It is like the "check engine" light on a car. You will have to get the correct code. Someone has already posted a long list of the codes and what they mean.

If you can't find it on H.org, check SuzukiHayabusa.org. You can use the paper clip method to get the number and then check what it stands for.

(BusaBlaze @ Nov. 16 2006,20:01) C00 = No Fault
+1

When you turned on the ignition, was the FI light on. IT may be intermittent, and when the FI light isn't lit I don't think you'll get any code other than c00, or no fault.

Here's a list of codes;

codes1.jpg

Thanks!! The code is C92. I knew my gas gauge didn't work. That is the only code that came up! Doesn't explain why she idles rough? I was hopeing that a different code would show explaining the rough idle.

Thanks for all the help!!
Shawn

(heavybusa @ Nov. 17 2006,22:45) good info charles  
super.gif
yup..service manual is money well spent. Suzuki factory manual that is.

Suprised more don't have one. Good group buy or raffle item.

runeight...

Back