extened swing arm

Hi gang!! been a while since my last post but I have to get your opinion on some thing.

I'm not a drag racer and I don't scrape any parts in the turns
( but I do like to go thru them fast)
mainly I'm just a... "poser"!!!
wink.gif
I do a lot of long distance rides on the higway, (350 miles one way) to bike rallys.

if I stretch the busa 4 to 6 inchs, I'm I going to get a lot of wheel spin? could this be dangerous in the rain? I want the look but still want to be able to control the bike.

should I do it or not
biggrin.gif

i dont think its a good idea,if you arent drag racing,a +6 arm will spin like crazy on dry pavement,and forget about the twistys

i dont think its a good idea,if you arent drag racing,a +6 arm will spin like crazy on dry pavement,and forget about the twistys

Extended arms are for drag racers and POSERS, if you care about twisties....then I say don't do it
wink.gif

My bike is 4" over and have no problem riding Deals gap with it. Anything over that and you get wheel spin due to the weight being too far forward of the wheel.

Its all in what you want/like

It alters the way the bike handles, makes it not as willing to turn. It will still turn, you just got to plan a little earlier....

Have you considered an adjustable arm? A 0-6 and adjustable lowering links is a pretty easy setup to put back to stock for a track day or whatever. just my .02

If you are just going for the look, I would try to ride a stretched bike first, see if you dig it. It is different no doubt, but I like it. It won't spin out of control unless you let it. It will however go sideways more willingly that it will go up.

Just depends on what you want...If you like the look, go for it...The wheel want spin if you don't twist the throttle...
evil.gif

If you want it go for it man and if you dont like it sell it thats what ebays for....hey stunna where can i find a 2 inch cheater arm?
rock.gif

Back