extened swing arm

As soon as I get her back from the dealer she'll be all the way back (6") For now about 2". Stock tire hasn't hooked up for me real good, but it's about time to buy a new one, so I'm going Shinko.

Hey brown i went to the track sat...only ran a 10.4 ill probably go next sat if you'll be back in town
cool.gif

I'm glad this topic came up.
I'm about to order some bolt ons from Gixx1300r.
I have been thinking about the wet weather rides with a extended swing arm for a while now.
will you get worse wheel spin in the rain? would it cause you to loss control of your bike? I make a good bit rode trips on my bike to.

just how safe are they in the real world!
iamwithstupid.gif

My bike is 4" over and have no problem Anything over that and you get wheel spin due to the weight being too far forward of the wheel
so.... NO wheel spin at 4 over, sounds good to me!
I can spin it when I want to, but its not real excessive like being overstretched. As far as turning goes, it does take a little more work to turn, but not real bad. Mine also has the 0-6 TKP arm on it.

I'm glad this topic came up.
I'm about to order some bolt ons from Gixx1300r.
I have been thinking about the wet weather rides with a extended swing arm for a while now.
will you get worse wheel spin in the rain?  would it cause you to loss control of your bike?  I  make a good bit rode trips on my bike to.  

just how safe are they in  the real world!  
iamwithstupid.gif
They are perfectly safe. Just because it's longer doesn't mean it's more dangerous. It just means it won't handle like it did. As long as you are aware of this, you'll be fine. Of course you'll get more wheelspin, but like Stunnah said, it won't spin if you stay out of the throttle.

If you want it go for it man and if you dont like it sell it thats what ebays for....hey stunna where can i find a 2 inch cheater arm?
rock.gif
The best cheaters I have seen come from Frank Adams at PsychoBike.com...It's a 2" section that is welded on...You have to know what your looking for otherwise the unsuspecting eye would never catch it...
evil.gif

Back