Extended Warrenty

AZIROC

Registered
i figure instead of going down to my local dealer who lies to rip people off, aid ask here. for example, when i bought my R6 i got screwed by taking the dealers "Y.E.S. yamaha extended service" warrenty.. which cost me $2500.... come to fine out.. from yamaha, its $349. does suzuki offer this? where i can just give them my biek info and take the biek to a dealer for service work.

Did you use it for your R6? Chances are you'll never use it. Save your money. 25 bucks a week in glass jar should cover any expenses or maintanece that may arrive.

yes they do its called esp my dealership offers it same as regular warranty only longer up to 3years

always...ALWAYS get an extended warranty!!!
wow.gif

Did you use it for your R6? Chances are you'll never use it. Save your money. 25 bucks a week in glass jar should cover any expenses or maintanece that may arrive.
actually, i used it ALOT on my R6. i bought it new in June of R6, and it was my daily driver. i put 18k+ miles on it and it was prob in the shop every 2 - 2 1/2 months just for general maintence.. they hated me. lol. so yea, i did use it alot. plus i like to have it just incase anything is going wrong they can catch it for me. maybe. ill have 2 check with the dealer.. and c if they have 1.

I did the suzuki 48mo/unlimited mile esp, cost $499. However, at 10,600 miles the bike has not been back to the dealership for anything except tires.

I never buy those extended warranties. Never needed one either (knock on wood).

From what I've been told, several dealerships deny warranty coverage due to "mods" or "improper" usage anyway (drag racing, track days, etc.). I don't know if that's true.

I agree with the $25 /week in a jar theory. Unless you're especially prone to lemons, you usually come out ahead managing your own insurance.

I took out the 48 month extension when I bought my busa and boy oh boy was it a total life saver. At 10,000 miles I had a defective valve cover gasket that eventually ened up blowing. Well since it was a suzuki manufacture defect they covered all the work under warranty which would have been AT LEAST 500-600$ and that may be a small estimate to. I was withought my bike for a month and a half waiting for them to get to it which pissed me off but I never spent a penny. I also was due for a valve adjustment soon so I had them do that while they were in there and paid the difference. My point though is that Suzuki was really good to me about fixing it they never nagged one single time. I would highly recommend anyone getting a new bike that isn't a bike mechanic to take this out. I even do my own servicing and they didn't even want to SEE proof that it was being done. Very good to deal with.

I got the warranty on the last day of my standard warranty. Cost like $630 from my dealer, called around, others said about the same.

I got it cuz I thought my bike was burning oil... which it still might be, anywho, I had to replace the starter on mine, it was over 900 in parts and 4hrs in labor. Paid for itself right there. I think its more peace of mind and just like deductables. Ask yourself, can I afford it now? How much can I afford should I need to pay for something?

I think mine is through a copmany called Western or something like that.

i figure instead of going down to my local dealer who lies to rip people off, aid ask here.  for example, when i bought my R6 i got screwed by taking the dealers "Y.E.S. yamaha extended service" warrenty.. which cost me $2500....   come to fine out.. from yamaha, its $349.  does suzuki offer this?  where i can just give them my biek info and take the biek to a dealer for service work.
The standard "list" price for the Suzuki extended warranty is $630.00. The price is very negotiable and can be bought from any dealer within the first year of ownership. I paid $500 and probably could have worked them down even more if I tried harder.

This is only a warranty and won't cover general maintenance or wear and tear items.

It extends your warranty by 3 years. They call it a 48 month but that's including your original 1st year so technically it's 36 months.

Get it! I bought a new 2000 busa in the begining of 2001 (left over) and the starter fragged 1 month before the expiration date of the extended warranty THIS YEAR. The gears starter and cover were all replaced for free.

i figure instead of going down to my local dealer who lies to rip people off, aid ask here.  for example, when i bought my R6 i got screwed by taking the dealers "Y.E.S. yamaha extended service" warrenty.. which cost me $2500....   come to fine out.. from yamaha, its $349.  does suzuki offer this?  where i can just give them my biek info and take the biek to a dealer for service work.
The standard "list" price for the Suzuki extended warranty is $630.00.  The price is very negotiable and can be bought from any dealer within the first year of ownership.  I paid $500 and probably could have worked them down even more if I tried harder.

This is only a warranty and won't cover general maintenance or wear and tear items.

It extends your warranty by 3 years.  They call it a 48 month but that's including your original 1st year so technically it's 36 months.
You are exactly correct.

Just like a car, the dealer has a cost for the warranty and they can charge whatever they want. If your getting a warranty shop around to make sure you don't pay too much! Also sometimes you can save alot of cash by choosing a deductable. That type of plan pays the balance after you have paid a small amount. Just my .02.

I got my Suk factory extended warranty for 475.00 from the dealer. I found one dealer on the internet that was offering extended warranties discounted so I called my local dealer and he met the price I was quoted by the other dealership out of state...

Back