Just a heads to all my Busa brothers and sisters out there

coreywiley

Registered
I just wanted to let everyone no on here know about a dirty company selling false warrenties. The name of the company is RepairTech. They offer extended warrenties but do not fulfill their part of the deal. Here's my situation! I bought a 72'' Samsung full HD 1080p from Butterfly Photo off the internet in june of last year. They also offered me the 3 year extened warrenty from RepairTech for $249 so I got it. Big mistake. My Tv stop working yesterday. So I'm like ok I got a warrenty I'll just call. When I did none of the numbers worked and they no longer had a website. So I Googled RepairTech. Man ! All the disssatisfied and pissed off custom they have is unbelieveable. They been ripping people off left and right. I'm lucky though cause my Tv isn't a year old yet which means I still have the factory warrenty. I feel sorry for all the people that don't. If my tv breaks again I'm screwed. Alot of those were talking about starting class action suit. I hope so cause I'm in if they do. Anyway! just remember if you buy something off the internet not to get RepairTech. Thanks and Godbless.

100_0809.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. The only problem with class action suits is that the lawyer gets all the money and the plantiffs get a buck a piece

Good luck with the tv-fix, too, yo. Hope you've got a back-up!

I wonder what went wrong with it...

"They offer extended warrenties but do not fulfill their part of the deal". That's just the normal Suzuki extended warrenty you can buy with your new bike. Nothing unusual there.:whistle:

Thanks for the heads up though. A lot of extended warrenty contracts are basically worthless even if the company is still in business. The nutshell of the fine print states, "warrenty voided if product used".

Last edited:
I've had nothing but trouble with extended warrantys....... If they are third party they aren't worth the paper their written on. I got a extended warranty for my wifes car, I even upgraded it to their best warranty, anyway the thermostat housing cracked on the car. They didn't cover it. I was so pi$$ed. I'll never buy a third party warranty again......

I'm just going to watch the guy when he comes to fix it that way I can see what he's doing and I'll know what to do the next time something happens. I mean I paid $2500 for this set there's no way it should be breaking in less than eleven months.

That is why I never buy them. Buy the time you need it, it runs out or you have trouble with getting them to do their part. I just take my chances and hope nothing ever happens. So far so good. Thanks for the Heads up.

That is why I never buy them. Buy the time you need it, it runs out or you have trouble with getting them to do their part. I just take my chances and hope nothing ever happens. So far so good. Thanks for the Heads up.

What part of Ga are you from? I'm oringinally from Augusta

Depending on the circumstances, I may or may not buy one.

Paid $1,400 for a warranty on the Camaro because I bought it used. Got the GM warranty for it. With all the things that went wrong with it, it paid for itself MORE than 5 times over. I wouldn't have been able to keep the car without that warranty. Now, the car has 180,000 miles on it.

Paid $250 for the warranty on my 47" HDTV 2.5 years ago. It went out six months ago and the service guy had it fixed in a week.

Bought the extended warranty on my laptop because it was a display model but it hasn't had any problems. Usually, with computers I don't bother. If they last more than 30 days, they're probably good to go.

So far, I've never bought a warranty on anything else and I've only ever had to pay to repair a refrigerator four years ago. That cost me LESS than the warranty would have cost so I came out ahead there, too.

I've been damn lucky so far. Hope that keeps up!

--Wag--

Back