why does it cost so much

or bring the bike by the shop on a.. Sun .. n do the work yourself ..
smile.gif

call Apex Moto in garden grove...ask for Vu. Good guy, have gone to him since I started riding and he is always the cheapest, most efficient (you don't have to wait a week to get your bike back!) and does the best job! http://www.apexmoto.com/

Just got a new rear tire (the stock battleaxe J, mounted and balanced including removal of old tire) and oil change for $185.21.

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126241674 -->

yeah I pay too much at dealer also. seems like 300 - 1000 everytime I go in: new tires mounted, full tune up, my list of 27 other items to tweak. they do a great job for me, they treat me like royalty now that everytime I show up, one of their kids gets to have braces. I add air, gas, oil at home but that's it.

Damn man, who pays a Planner $36 bucks an hour. And where. What is the cost of living there as opposed to South texas.

The reason I ask is the base where I work made the Base Closure list and might close in the next 2 or 3 years. I work for the Gov and the money is great for what I do. I am a Planner/Estimator for the Navy (GS-13). The cost of living here is fairly low compared to the rest of the country. So I am just starting to look around the country to see about a transfer in the next year or 2. I make more than $36 here, with the cost of living so low it's OK. So just wondering about what would happen if I went from $44 here to $36 in So Cal or somewhere else..

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126274300 -->

harbor area busa - Service Manual costs about $65. Learn to do the service yourself and save $$$. (Keep records, receipts, and use OEM parts.) The dealerships will only see my Busa if warranty work is required.

Goldwanger - Did you mean to reverse the $44 and $36 figures in your last sentence? In either case $36 or $44 won't get you nearly as far (standard of living wise) as you have now. If your base closes I recommend hunting for another low-cost area. I made the mistake of moving from a remote base (13), to a city making more, and except for boosting my retirement - I hate everything about it. Commute 3-4 hours a day absolutely sucks, limited parking ($15 per day), houses anywhere near the city can run $750K to $1M or more, people aren't friendly, people always seem to be in a rush.

I can tell you it takes well over $44 per to live comfortably in the DC area, probably same for San Diego, LA, too. I'm counting down the days I can retire and move to a small town where my $$$ goes a bit further and living life is easier. Consider nearly everything will cost you more in big cities.

Perhaps a good strategy might be to work near smaller towns until you get near retirement age, then move into the city to boost your retirement as much as possible than move back to the boonies. Lots of people do that.

But assuming you're not near retirement age... my advice?

Does the sentence "Run Forest [Gump] Run!!!" mean anything to ya?!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Sadly, I am afraid you are correct. I think I have had it to good for to long. I will not find another job that pays in the $45 range and if I do the cost of living will be outrageous. I guess I will ride this thing to the ground and then just go from there. I would however, like to stay in a more rural area if possible. I have never lived in a large city. I was born and have remained in this area all my life except for my time in the Army. I will just hope for the best and see what presents itself.

David

Back