why does it cost so much

harbor area busa

Registered
i have almost 10,000 miles so today i drop my bike off at the dealer where i bought it for a service 2 maintenace. then the guy says sign the estimate $375.00 im like damn why so high??? $255 for labor and the rest if u need parts.will probably be lower he says .do u guys recommend servicing ur own bikes instead of paying thieves like this??? what does everyone else pay that takes their bike to the dealer for service

i have almost 10,000 miles so today i  drop my bike off at the dealer  where i bought it for a service 2 maintenace. then the guy says sign the estimate $375.00 im like damn why so high??? $255 for labor and the rest if u need parts.will probably be lower he says .do u guys recommend servicing ur own bikes instead of paying thieves like this??? what does everyone else pay that takes their bike to the dealer for service
If ya didn't have so much chrome it would be cheaper!

cool.gif

All that money for labor? Sounds like valve adjustments to me.....

All that money for labor? Sounds like valve adjustments to me.....
nope just a regular service 2 maintenace that was the quote without them looking at my bike

that sounds like most other stealerships, they want to get paid to talk to you about possibly thinking about taking a look into servicing your bike then start the labor clock as they punch out for lunch...

cant sleep vinny, thinking about how mad i will be when i give them my money tomorrow. u know what chrome stuff i could have bought for my baby??? just a little more BLING to blind u on the next ride

I'd call around ... my dealer that sold me the bike said about that for my 10k service .... took it to another dealer for less than 1/2 of that and watched them do all the work. 10k service says to check the valves and adjust, so as long as yours arent out of spec it should be way cheaper
rock.gif

Chris .. take off your side fairings.. that will save yah 30 min of labor.. least from what I was told ..then again I do all my own work cept the Valves.. I dont wanna spend the ..$$ for a shim pack..
smile.gif

yeah, definately take all the plastic off yourself. That saves at least 1/2 an hour of labor, possibly more depending on your shop

i think i will start servicing my own bike to a certain point these guys must think that all guys that own a bike are either drug dealers or a millionaire . and im neither matter of fact got to get up at 5:30 am for work tomorrow lol

Chris ..with all tha t bling you got on your ..busa .. uhmm matter-0-fact ... what r you dealin ?
wink.gif
...besides ... pepto bismo
smile.gif

rd kill believe it or not i work for so.cal GAS COMPANY. $26 an hr. u know that stupid guy with jack-hammer breaking the street probably was me lol

Back