4 yr extended warranty for $899

drlucian

Registered
I think I will get it. I know someone will say I should have gotten it thrown in for free when I bought the bike.

Dealer also offered two year maintainence and extended warranty for $1899. Didn't want that because I plan to do some of my own routine maintainence.

IMHO, it all depends on how you plan to ride your bike, if you plan on riding it hard and if the warranty has no restrictions then I would say it sounds good. If you are just gonna cruise around <which would be basically impossible> then I would say no. But, either way make sure that the warranty will cover damage no matter what causes it, I say this from have a purchased extened warranty on a 4x4 truck I bought back in 93. I took it out mudding and evidently I got "too much water and mud into the intake/motor" and it wasn't covered by the warranty so I hope my scenario will help you decide.
JC

I just paid $410 for a 4 year extended warranty on mine. Not sure how you're paying, but they told me that because I was paying cash, they could sell it to me at $100 over cost.......who knows what their cost really is, but it sounded pretty reasonable to me.

My starter upgrade came to almost $800.00, and my ext. warr. picked up the tab, so I think it,s a good investment.

That price is too high...You should be able to get the ext. warranty for close to $400 give or take a twenty...Let see what mine has paid for: Output shaft, tranny and recently starter...Was it worth it???Hell yeah...
evil.gif

Back