Will mods destroy my 5 yr warranty contract?

umairhashmi

Registered
When i bought my 06 busa i also got the 5 yr extended warranty with it.But i think if i make any mods to the bike my warranty coverage would be gone.Any truth to this? Also what mods are acceptable without killing the warranty?

No. The only way that they will void the warranty is if there is difinitive proof that the mod broke something.

When i bought my 06 busa i also got the 5 yr extended warranty with it.But i think if i make any mods to the bike my warranty coverage would be gone.Any truth to this? Also what mods are acceptable without killing the warranty?
Be safe and ask your dealership.

P.
I agree with Postal to an extent, but if you don't like the answer the dealer gives you, pick up the phone and ask some other dealers.  

In the SVT world, some dealers will tell you that a cold air kit will void your warrenty.  The Magnusson-Moss Act protects consumers in the US. It states, as Jynx said, the failure has to be attributed to an aftermarket modification.

JMHO

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152495050 -->

My dealer doesn't care. The owner has a turbo'd Busa. He understands the whole aftermarket world.

It's all in the dealership's attitude on the day you ask.

wow.gif

What a dealer says and what he does when you come in with a broke bike may be two different things. I don't see an undertail being a big thing, and maybe not different exhausts, but when you start putting in a Power Commander, they could claim that it caused your electical faults (true or not). And a turbo, if I were a dealer, I would say that you are putting a lot more stress on the engine and be real horsey about it.

I dont have anything insane in mind.Just an undertail and maybe an aftermarket exhaust
the warranty doesn't cover anything cosmetic just mechanical
Of course i know the warranty doesnt cover the cosmetic stuff but i was more worried about the exhaust.From my experience with cars i have noticed dealers can and will use any excuse in the book to deny you your warranty coverage.Although i dont see why because they will get reimbursed for it from the manufacturer.

keep the stock stuff you take off to put back on if need be. "what aftermarket parts mr. dealer?"
wink.gif

Back