Extended Warranty

aljanmay

Registered
rock.gif
The dealer I bought my bike from is quoting me $630 for the extended warranty. Does anyone know where I can get a better price or do I have to get it from the dealer I bought the bike from?

It is my understanding that the dealer could mark that down a little bit if he wanted to... Depends on how good a customer you are? There are also third party insurance companies that will sell you a warranty.

Uh, I got similar prices from three seperate dealers, I just got my notice that it is time for me to do this... I don't want to, but the alternatives aren't pretty. I mean chances are I am going to spend my $600 and never use it once... But, one broken chain and cracked cases later? $600 will seem like chump change...

yup, spend the dough, but just remeber, if anything big happens likw where they have to split the cases suzuki will hassle you and try to get out of paying, they will say things like "abuse" normal "wear and tear", got second gear prob right now, and the warranty department said to go ahead and tear it down but if it looks like normal "wear and tear" they wont pay, if they tell me that I am going to tell them I will trade my suzukis in on Hondas and never buy a suzuki again...

I bought it and complained the whole time due to the high price. My oil cooler began to leak due to wheelies and once tore down other problems revealed themselves. They fixed everything which paid for the warrantee itself.

Due to all my modifications I almost cancelled for a partial refund but then thought about what else can still go wrong however small is still warantee and free. Nuff said.

JD

read the warranty before you sign. Ask for a copy and take that sucker home and study it. The sales people make a ton on those things but often forget to mention the clause in the mice print

Back