cancelling extended warranty

the bigpunn

Registered
i bought an extended warranty, but i wish i hadnt. does anyone know the process for cancelling it? do i contact the dealer or suzuki finance?

Speaking of, why do you want to cancel it . My 02 SE is due now and I have to decide whether or not to go with it. I have no idea how much they want and whether or not its worth it. Anyone here can share some wisdom ?? Thanks in advance .

KEEP YOUR WARRANTY FOR PEACE OF MIND ... IF SOMETHING DOES HAPPEN IT WILL BE COVERD... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION....
smile.gif

PERSONALLY I ALWAYS BUY THEM FOR ALL MY CARS AND AM A BIG BELIEVER IN THEM ...WHEN YOU HAVE TO USE ONE AND IT IS A BIG REPAIR THEY ARE WORTH IT ... HAD SOME MAJOR ENGINE WORK FIXED BY ONE.

I bought an extened warrenty on a car some years back, and after three months found out I overpaid, so I canceled. I went to the dealer and signed a form stating I wanted to cancel. Since the car was financed and the financer didn't want to re-finance, I didn't have to make a monthly car payment for six months.

when i cancelled the one one my car I contacted the "Extended Warranty Inusrer" according to the cancellation process on the contract. They credited the balance of the warranty payments to my loan. Check the warranty information for the cancellation process

first i think i was had by chicago cylce center. first i dont think this is a suzuki warranty it has ducati and other brands across the top of the contract. i think it is for thier service department. second, i was told i HAD to buy this in order to get the lower interest rate with suzuki finance. third, i dont know if local shops will accept it. fourth, i paid $800 for it and that could be 4 months sooner i could pay the busa off. lastly, i have a co-worker that is a suzuki mechanic that charges under the table to do work at his shop including body work, he told me i dont need the warranty. any advice? i should of thought more when i was at the dealer in the first place, but after driving 3 hrs i wanted to get the bike and go, and of course in the rush of things it all looked good with the lower interest rate and all. i should of went throught my own bank but didnt think about that at the time. and on top of that, i have learned these dealers get a lot of $$$ by selling these warranties. i should of spoke with suzuki directly about my interest rate, how do i know that chicago cylce center just didnt enter a high rate and lie to me about having to buy this warranty for the lower rate? ( that has to be against the law, forcing someone to buy something in order to get a lower rate).

<!--EDIT|the bigpunn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1075188432 -->

When I bought my extended Warranty, there was a clause that stated that if I didn,t have to use it for any reason, I whould get a full refund after the warranty ended. Wether or not that happens I,ll just have to wait & see. But the peace of mind is worth the money.

Back