servicing & warrenty work !

TINMAN

Registered
I have had my busa for coming up to 6 months now and next service due. As the dealer is charging £110 ( $200 ) for what appears to just be an oil change ( no filter ) can I just do this myself and not void my warrenty ?

Or can I take it to any bike garage who may do it cheaper.

Any thoughts / help appreciated.

mine costed about $100 for oil, filter, and other checks for the first service.

I would recommend taking it to the dealer for all important initial service. I have heard that failure to have the initial service performed at the dealership can create all sorts of warranty hassles down the road. After the intial service go ahead and perform all of your own maintenence but that intial one I would have done by the dealer. Suzuki really pays attention to that darn initial service, after that keep a log and reciepts.

I agree with Rev. I think if the dealer does not do the 600mi. service they can cause u trouble later on. I was lucky, my salesman sent me a gift certificate for 100.00
and that covered my 600mi service. Hell, my girlfreind rides a kaw. 750 vulcan and he even give me a HJC full face helmet to give her for her birthday!
biggrin.gif

I have already had and paid for the 600 mile service - it's the 4000 miles 6 month one that's nearly due.

Has anyone serviced the bikes themsleves from this point and then actually had warrenty work done without any problems / questions ?

I'm on the other side of this...my dealership assured me that if I save receipts and document my maintenance routines, the warranty will stand...I'd only take it back to him if that's ever in question, so it pays to have someone you trust...

I've done all of my service myself...nearly 3000 miles now...guess it's up to what you feel is best with warranty work, should you ever need it...

I have already had and paid for the 600 mile service - it's the 4000 miles 6 month one that's nearly due.

Has anyone serviced the bikes themsleves from this point and then actually had warrenty work done without any problems / questions ?

Keep your warranty square so they have no excuses if something needs warranty work, have the dealer do it.
smile.gif

Back