Extended warranty, who bought it?

SANDFLEA85

Registered
just got letter to extend warrenty for my 08. $776 to extend to 2014. is it worth it. well I know its worth it if ever needed but dont ever hear of any naturally caused problems that would req major $$ to repair. never had an issue with my 02

who has the warrenty and whats the gensral consensus. guess it would be a good selling feature if I decide to sell

4 extra years of coverage for $776? Doesn't sound to bad to me if your putting a lot of miles on the bike. Whats covered in this warrenty?

I did originally...then 2 weeks later cancelled and got my $$ back.

These things are bullet proof.

06 53K nothing but chain + sprockets, oil changes , spark plugs, tires and brake pads and none of those things are covered anyways.
In 9 years doing 150K on 4 Busa's only failure I ever had was the clutch slave for 70 bucks.
Save that $$$ for tires and oil changes.

About the only thing that I have heard that would warrant the warranty has been mostly denied by most of the shops... (Transmission woes in second gear)

IMO, this is just a margin builder designed to separate you from your $$

"Sorry sir, your transmission is toast because it is your fault, not ours" "DENIED"

If you have been modding your bike save your money. They use any excuse to void coverage on repairs.. i.e. after markets exhaust pc an stuff. jmo sen it happen to people that s all.

Ah yes the sucker punch! The last effort of the dealer to get that little bit extra out of you! I did not go for it myself.

I bought mine and it paid for itself. A set of fork seals, new radiator, fixed the oil cooler line twice and it paid for more than half of the tranny fix in second gear!! I'd buy it again:thumbsup:

Never went for the extended warrenty. I really don't want the dealership to work on my bike anyway. I watched them work on my Honda VTX and said to myself, Self, You need to do this because it'll be done better.

When I was closing te deal on my '09, the F&I guy (good guy) asked me if I wanted the extended warranty. I asked him the price, stating I would not pay too much. He offered me 3 extra years for $135.00. He said it was cost and he just wanted the kudos from Suzuki for the sale.

Back