Should I buy the extended warranty?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Finally...looks like I'm getting the Busa this weekend, if everything pans out...

We've found a guy in NC that's offered a great price, including Vance & Hines bolt-ons...he's offered the extended warranty (adds 4 years) for $490.00.

Standard warranty is 1 year, right?  Anyone get the extra 4 year warranty?  Is it worth it?  I'm leaning toward getting it simply for the added protection against engine/electrical problems on something I've been wanting for a long time...but I'd like your opinion please...

Thanks... :)

(sorry, I can't seem to spell today...how do you edit the topic description?! Dumb blonde moment AGAIN!) Someone fix "consensus" for me! :D

Finally...looks like I'm getting the Busa this weekend, if everything pans out...

We've found a guy in NC that's offered a great price, including Vance & Hines bolt-ons...he's offered the extended warranty (adds 4 years) for $490.00.

Standard warranty is 1 year, right?  Anyone get the extra 4 year warranty?  Is it worth it?  I'm leaning toward getting it simply for the added protection against engine/electrical problems on something I've been wanting for a long time...but I'd like your opinion please...

Thanks... :)

(sorry, I can't seem to spell today...how do you edit the topic description?!  Dumb blonde moment AGAIN!)  Someone fix "consensus" for me!  :D
Does it add 3 years or 4?  I don't think Suzuki offers one for a total of 5 years...  For that kind of money it seems like a no-brainer to me.  The real question is do you buy full coverage insurance or not.   :D

I have one one my Busa and I had one on my 600 when I traded it in. It really helps resale. I beleave it does superseed the factory warranty so it is covered for only 4 years total. For the price and peace of mind I think it's worth it.

According to my dealer, you son't have to purchase the extended warranty during the purchase, you may come back before the year warranty runs out on your Busa to add another three years. Unless you want to pay for all now. I chose to wait.

Yeah, You can buy the extended warranty anytime within the first year. The addition 4 years costs..I think it was about $429:super:? Anyway, I am taking the "Wait and See" path. Twist the nubbins off the thing and if it breaks get the warranty, if not...Nothing may break...But it is still something I worry about. If you are planning a lot of Mods don't get the warranty as you might void it anyway...

I dunno, right now I am still leaning towards getting it. Seeing as I am planning to NEVER sell my Lilah...Health insurance for my Baby...

Let 'er eat - it adds 4 years, so a total of 5...

I do want to do mods, but nothing for speed...mostly cosmetic...so I'm hoping I won't void any warranties...

I think we'll ask if we can buy the extended warranty within the first year, then think about it again in a year...

Thanks guys...

Just got word that our local guy can't touch the deal in NC, so I'm going on a road trip this weekend! :D

Fixed your topic. So you have found your ride and are moving on it then?

STOP THE PRESSES VA......

At those prices the warranty is a good deal. some ask as high as $750 in Chicago. BUT and this is the big but....

Is it Suzuki's extended warranty or one offered by some third rate insurance companies? Make sure it is the one offered by the manufacturer (Suzuki) and not anyone else. Many of these third party insurance dealers with extended warranties are nearly fraudulent. With Suzuki's name on it you have recourse and the dealer loves you because those pups are very profitable. With some cheazy ass "other party" you have no recourse if they go under.

BEWARE

I just purchased my bike, new last friday 08/22/2003.
The extended warranty is offered within the 1st year of ownership from Suzuki so you can think about it, if you want.
Not sure what the cost will be.

I purchased the 4 year extended warranty at time of sale, it gives a total of 5 years coverage, $334, too good to pass up. It transfers with the bike. The plan covers the entire bike plus towing and rental reimbursement. $0 deductible
The company is Western Service Contract Corp. in Menlo Park CA.
It is a 3rd party company. I too was a bit concerned about using a 3rd party company, but most of the Suzuki dealers in our area carry this company for extended warranty. I talked with several of the dealerships including the local one I have used to purchase other bikes, all talk very highly about this company and the cost was lower than Suzuki's policy.

The Suzuki dealership that I have purchased a previous bike from did tell me that I could not buy an extended warranty from them if I had purchased the bike at another dealership.

I also own a 2000 Valkyrie with the same warranty company.

I figure for the price, it is good insurance, as I have had a bike have an engine freeze up that was covered under the extended warranty.  :)

Of course, a defunked warranty company does you no good, no matter what the price.

Hope this helps.  Ride safe, Lets us know if/when you get the bike.

Thanks for fixing my blonde moment Revlis...
Just closed the deal on the new 03 silver/gray...Vance & Hines bolt-ons + remapping...$10K

I'm happy...I'm sure there are better deals somewhere, but that's the best one yet, and I'm ready to buy!

babuski - thanks for mentioning that little tidbit!  I verified 1) I can buy the warranty within a year, and 2) it's through Suzuki...I'll be triple-checking that when I meet the guy in NC on Saturday...

You know I'll be posting pics soon!  Like you guys need to see yet another silver/gray '03!

:super:

As I'm waiting to buy a new busa (waiting to see what 2004 is all about) -
Is there a total of five year unlimited mileage warranty available from suzuki or not?
If not, for an extra 300-350 from a third party maybe it's worth it to buy both?
I'm planning on riding between 15K-20K miles per year and I'm going to try my best to need a new motor before the warrranty is up!
Also I called:
Western Service Contract Corp. in Menlo Park CA
And they do not sell directly to someone in florida. Anyone know a third party for florida bikes?
Thanks,

I'll ask the guy on Saturday about the extended warranty...my understanding at this moment is that I get the standard one year warranty, and for $490, I get another 4 years of coverage...I don't know if it's unlimited mileage...good question though, and one that I need to ask...

It's my understanding it's an extended warranty through Suzuki, but again, I need to verify that when I go pick up the Busa...I can always change my mind when I get there and buy the additional warranty...I'll give you guys all the details when I get them...

Cannot wipe this grin off of my face at the moment! :D

Another question I have -
Does anyone know if the suzuki chip holds information that the Suzuki warranty could hold against you?  The new Corvettes hold this information when you wreck - last speedo & tach reading!

Another question I have -
Does anyone know if the suzuki chip holds information that the Suzuki warranty could hold against you?  The new Corvettes hold this information when you wreck - last speedo & tach reading!
I believe they do, though this information probably wouldn't harm your warranty...  It's the insurance folks that I would worry about.  Maybe a good idea to carry a good sized paper clip with you so you can reset the chip if you were screwing around and tank it...

VA....congrats....we need pics of you and busa...it is just not the same without the face.

I have the Suzuki extended. If you are buying out of state you need to double check any 3rd party warranty. Most 3rd party warranties are really a type of insurance. Different laws aplly to them. The Suzuki warranty is unlimited miles.
Which considering I put 25,000 miles a year on mine is really good news.

Congrats on the new bike!!!

Back