Extended Warranty

archeryblackdog

Registered
Hello everyone, 11 months ago, I bougth a 2006 Ltd busa, during this time the bike has given me 0 problems I have 1,200 Miles on it.

I just got in the papers for the extended warranty which is $ 400.00 for 24 Months.

I like your opinion if is a good investment to buy, money is a little tight but I could do it if it;s really worth it.

Wahth is is the hayabusa breakdown % from 1,200 miles to let say 10,000 miles?

Your opinion is greatly apreciated

Suzuki are usually pricks when it comes down to them honoring their warranty. They'll want to play the "abuse" card and say it was your fault.

With proper maintenance and proper servicing, your ride should go FAR beyond 10,000 miles with slim to no chance of breakdown.

I disagree with both of the above.
Ive had the following repaired with no problems from my dealer.
Starter cutch
fuel pump
2nd gear problem
battery
MAP air sensor.

I paid $ 600 for a 5 year unlimited mile warranty.

Starter cutch
fuel pump
2nd gear problem
battery
MAP air sensor.

All Suzuki offers is a warranty that amounts to 3 additional years eventhough they play it off as a 4 year warranty by including the original first year.

I'm betting the warranty you have is not through Suzuki which is why everything was actually covered and not blamed on abuse.

Look at it this way. Is the busa known for long lasting and reliable assembly? Yes, it is. Would Suzuki offer the warranty if they thought they wouldn't profit money in the process? No. I'd turn it down.

Ian

Well- you can turn it down- I went for the extended- but not Suzuki. The dealership you work with , as far as GETTING any unforseen future problems fixed, comes into play also. They are good to their loyal customers. It can make or brake the potential warranty fixes. At least, that is what I have found.
2cents.gif

That's a tough one. I had to use the extended warranty once on my 2000.
The starter gear assembly went and they covered the repair 100% just a month before it was to expire. They paid for the repair but 1st the dealer tryed getting me to pay for a couple of extra hours the repair time went over. When I called the extended warranty
company they used they told me it was between me and the dealer. Not the answer I was looking for.

get it if you can.. some dealers may try to pinch you for a penny or two when others wont... warrenty work is exactly that... (work).. the dealer and the technician make alout less money fixing your bike when suzuki or a aftermarket company pays the bill instead of you.. but when the service dept. and the technician are standing around not making money warrenty is a good thing...

as a tech myself at a car dealership the only time i can't stand warrenty work is when we are busy and im doing warrenty work and other tech's are doing "you pay" work...

oh and no problems yet on my 06 le 3900 miles WITH the warrenty..

beerchug.gif

Starter cutch
fuel pump
2nd gear problem
battery
MAP air sensor.

All Suzuki offers is a warranty that amounts to 3 additional years eventhough they play it off as a 4 year warranty by including the original first year.

I'm betting the warranty you have is not through Suzuki which is why everything was actually covered and not blamed on abuse.
I think it's through Western

Back