Extended Swingarm At Track Day

I have a 2009 with like 9000 miles on it I bought maybe 2 months ago. It has a 6inch extension on the swingarm and I like it like that and hasn't stopped me from twisted at all...lately ive been considering a track day to learn more about the bike and riding in general. I know ill have snobby super racers with jerkish opinions making comments but I'm curious is this a terrible idea? Has anyone seen an extended swingarm before at a track day?

I have a 2009 with like 9000 miles on it I bought maybe 2 months ago .

It has a 6 inch extension on the swing arm and I like that
and hasn't stopped me from twisted at all . . .

Lately I have been considering a track day
to learn more about the bike and riding in general .

I know ill have snobby super racers with jerkish opinions
making comments but I'm curious is this a terrible idea ?

Has anyone seen an extended swing arm before at a track day ?

A track day at the local drag strip would be better ~ most people can't understand why we stretch them *

Some people stretch and still hit the corners! lol.

Mild stretch would be doable on a road course, but I have no clue if they would allow it.

Some people stretch and still hit the corners !

Laugh out loud .

Mild stretch would be doable on a road course,
but I have no clue if they would allow it .

Not many tracks have long enough sweepers to roll 165 MPH curves ~ watch it on the BIG screen & focus in on Grape Apes speedometer *

Both my Gen 1 Hayabusa & Newmans Gen 2 Hayabusa are rolling with extended swing arms *

Well, I am by no means a certified track junkie, used to be a few years ago and hopefully to answer your question, I have never seen an extended arm at the track. Best thing you can do is call the track you are interested in and find out the specific requirements of that track, and see what it takes to pass tech. The rest is in your hands and how it rides.

Well,
I am by no means
a certified track junkie,
used to be a few years ago
and hopefully to answer your question,
I have never seen an extended arm at the track .

Best thing you can do is call the track you are interested in
and find out the specific requirements of that track,
and see what it takes to pass tech .

The rest is in your hands and how it rides .

Personally I would not trust bolt on extensions at the track ~ we have a set to bolt on & see how much stretch looks good *

Learning how your bike rides and how to handle it is not a bad idea, just remember everyone will be faster and you need to give them the right- of -way.

My friend, who is also a member here but not active, did two track days on his 2013 Busa with a 6 in. stretch. Of course he wasn't the fastest by any means, but he did fine and had a lot of fun! After the second track day, he realized it was something he wanted to get into, so he bought a track ready 2003 GSXR750. He now has a 2011 GSXR750 he bought from one of the instructors!

I have a 2009 with like 9000 miles on it I bought maybe 2 months ago. It has a 6inch extension on the swingarm and I like it like that and hasn't stopped me from twisted at all...lately ive been considering a nobodys zip past you in the turns. track day to learn more about the bike and riding in general. I know ill have snobby super racers with jerkish opinions making comments but I'm curious is this a terrible idea? Has anyone seen an extended swingarm before at a track day?

So here is the truth. The Busa is a workout on a road course. A Busa with a stretch will be a big disadvantage. Now if you are ok with that, you'll be ok but you are going to see nobodies zipping past you in the turns. But I would be more worried about the stretch kit. Road racing puts a huge load on the bike's engine and frame, so make sure your setup can take the forces as this is not a good place for a swingarm to fail!

If you are going to a track to learn how to control a motorcycle better you would be best served with a more neutral bike. There are things you have to do to make a Busa obey you, and I imagine that is multiplied by a stretch. Track riding requires good brakes. Make sure you have good brakes or you will take a run off track.

Obviously I would probably be one of those snobs guys looking at you like WTF? But if you are ok with the limits of the bike's configuration and can stay in the safe parameters, go for it! Let us know how it goes.

I have a 2009 with like 9000 miles on it I bought maybe 2 months ago. It has a 6inch extension on the swingarm and I like it like that and hasn't stopped me from twisted at all...lately ive been considering a nobodys zip past you in the turns. track day to learn more about the bike and riding in general. I know ill have snobby super racers with jerkish opinions making comments but I'm curious is this a terrible idea? Has anyone seen an extended swingarm before at a track day?

So here is the truth. The Busa is a workout on a road course. A Busa with a stretch will be a big disadvantage. Now if you are ok with that, you'll be ok but you are going to see nobodies zipping past you in the turns. But I would be more worried about the stretch kit. Road racing puts a huge load on the bike's engine and frame, so make sure your setup can take the forces as this is not a good place for a swingarm to fail!

If you are going to a track to learn how to control a motorcycle better you would be best served with a more neutral bike. There are things you have to do to make a Busa obey you, and I imagine that is multiplied by a stretch. Track riding requires good brakes. Make sure you have good brakes or you will take a run off track.

Obviously I would probably be one of those snobs guys looking at you like WTF? But if you are ok with the limits of the bike's configuration and can stay in the safe parameters, go for it! Let us know how it goes.

I guess if 'use what you got ', or 'run what ya brung ' is all good with ride day organizers , you are set for a fun ride day ! Just take it easy , scope the track out and also the bikes behavior as speed increases . Watch your braking distance and try not to be too much of a mobile chicane for the quicker corner carvers , and I too will be looking forward to reading your ride day assessment post . :thumbsup:

Back