Extended swingarms

MR MIYAGI

Registered
I'm gonna replace my swingarm with an extended arm.  My question is, how much extension can i use, to control the wheelie monster at the track, and still have a great handeling streetbike.  90% of my riding is 3000-8000rpm street riding on a almost daily basis. 10% dragstrip.  04 Busa, almost stock all motor, all Brocked out.Slamed&preped.

What da ya think?<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>
rock.gif

I posed this question earlier, but why spend the money on an extended swingarm or extensions, and new chain, when for half the price you can buy wheelie bars and keep the factory length for twisties when not at the track?
rock.gif

just my .02 cents

idea3.gif

Well, I just think wheelie bars take the "STREET", and most of the skill out of the deal...A 98lb girl can jumpon a fullrace, wheelie bared NHRA Prostock bike, with little skill and kickass.

No, the only Bars I want are the ones with COLD BEER!!

Well, I just think wheelie bars take the "STREET", and most of the skill out of the deal...A 98lb girl can jumpon a fullrace, wheelie bared NHRA Prostock bike, with little skill and kickass.

I was looking at it more from a financial standpoint as well as being able to negotiate twisties.... but I would like to see the 98 pound, little skill rider rider, male or female, jump on a prostock bike and kickass... wheelie bars or not it still takes skill....

Thankyou! Nice reply! You'll get by with 2-4 inches at the track,just feather the clutch out feeding more throttle as you give it clutch. Its still gonna wheelie,but not that much,strap the front down and you'll be fine,remember before you leave the track to remove the strap.Hope this helps,NJ.

Thankyou! Nice reply! You'll get by with 2-4 inches at the track,just feather the clutch out feeding more throttle as you give it clutch. Its still gonna wheelie,but not that much,strap the front down and you'll be fine,remember before you leave the track to remove the strap.Hope this helps,NJ.
Just checking but doesn't extensions and strapping the front down "take some of the street" or "skill" out of it too?....
biggrin.gif

Sir, As I stated in the thread topic, am going to change swingarms on MY bike, which is a daily driver street/strip bike.
I am interested it what other RACERS think might be the "Best of Both Worlds" extended arm length to go with, where in
I giveup as little as possible and gain as much as possible.  

I don't need nor want a wheelie bar...this is just a 9sec street
bike...no big deal...it's lowered and strapped and the clutch mods and all the other "Brock" mods are done. I just want to add a little wheelbase to counter the random hard wheelie that is a common problem for all dragracers who launch hard.

Nothing personal. MM

MR MIYAGI,

No worries I didn't take anything personal, was just posing a question and looking for opinions much like you were, we are both searching for the same answer of how to make the bike go down the track faster without losing time/traction... good luck in your quest, maybe we will meet on the track someday...

You may want to consider a 2" cheater arm most people want even know it unless it inspected closely...I would not go over 6"...Whatever you do get and adjustable arm not fixed...

Back