exhaust

gunsavy

Registered
I just purchased a 2004 busa the previous owner put a micron 4 into 1 full system on the bike he said that he blew the packing out of the micron and put some short muzzy canister on it . first of all it seems that u can only buy slipons in a set for the busa. what options do I have as far as finding a single pipe and which one could I use.

Sorry I cound not help but Welcome.
beerchug.gif

Lets see if I get this. It had a full 4 to 1 micron system, Then just the micron can got replaced with a muzzy?
You want to know if you can just add a different slip-on to the micron 4 to 1 headers that are on there? Essentially, replacing the muzzy slip-on can that is on there now?

I am sorry I do not know what the compatibilty on the slip-ons are. I would think any slip-on would work if it fits. You would just have to see how much it tweaks the performance.

Youcan always just put a new full system on and forget all the rest of it?

good q. but not all pipes are the same diameter. I would try a thread here in WTB for someone selling a micr or muzzy can.

someone will have your answer. weekends around here are SSLOOOOOOOW

You can contact the manufacturer and get replacement packing for almost any muffler on the market.. or go to your local speedshop and have them order replacement exhaust packing from someone like drag specialties... You may have to drill and re-pop rivets...but that's only a minor headache.....

i would think any can with the same diameter pipe and shape(round-oval) would work, i would measure the pipe going into the can and see what it`s outer diameter is and find a can with the same OD and shape on here or ebay and ask someone to measure it before you get it?? the best thing would be a new system but i know sometimes we gotta get by for a while with what we can...
2cents.gif

Back