exhaust tips

gunsavy

Registered
I have 2004 busa with a full 4 into 1 micron system. Want to switch to a shorty exhaust tip (pepboymod) with or with out baffles ? can I do this and what would be the result.

Louder and you should remap cause you prob have some lean spots which is bad and some say its possible since you have aftermarket headers that you can suck cool air back in when bike is off and warp a vale and such. Debate can go on and on about it being both bad and good...

stock bike.... should i avoid the shorty pipes??? if so go with the baffles for sure or not?? brand to have brand not to??? ive heard from people on hear before to avoid that lord humorous guy

Last edited:
Mostly avoid him cause hes a "Jackars" selling automotive exhaust tips you can buy for about $30 a piece at auto parts stores and adding a clamp and charging $250(??) or something like that. Hes making roughly $180 for running to the store for you and putting couple slots in the tip so the clamp can hold it on. Time to run to store and put my own set together vs waiting for him to do same plus mail them out isn't worth that much to me!

His other system is prob bought in the same store in the "Bling" section. Hell the guy is within driving distance of me and I would just walk away from him if I seen him,just not to have to listen to his voice. "White Trailer Trash"

What I don't understand is if all these "Custom" stubby tips out there are truly "Custom", then why do the make them uneven still. I know the stock headers are uneven. Still though "Custom" up something so when I look at bike from behind One won't be higher then the other(brake side). There is no magical horsepower gain from this mod or everyone be doing it.

Back