Coffman's Exhaust Tips installed (sound clips) 2014 Hayabusa

Bobby B

Registered
Just wanted to share with you my sound clips. I know, I know it's not a high performance exhaust and by far not the norm, but it seemed like a lot of bang for the buck. I like the machined Tips and dual baffles, of which the rear is removable for extra audible presence. It was 400.00 bucks, easy to install and with the rear baffle in it sounds pretty good. I'm really happy with the quality, looks and the results! IMHO I think it out does the Voo Doo, Hot Bodies and other budget shorty slip on's.
Sorry, but I am not savi with video editing or making video's so here are four clips. One with stock cans off, the second with the tip's installed on a warm start up and the last two are mini test rides on my street in front of my house. So, without further ado.

No Can's cold start up without revving.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice car,nice Busa...the sound doesnt sound right to my ears. Not quite open header,not quite full exhaust,somewhere in between. Guess Im not used to it.

But more importantly,you ride in shorts and a jacket? Whats the point of the jacket if you have shorts on?:poke: Doesnt matter if its just around the block for a video,its 100% dumb. Sorry.

looks nice Bobby . Dont mind his post if I geared up full for every motorcycle repair to test ride around the block I would still be wrenching lol

looks nice Bobby . Dont mind his post if I geared up full for every motorcycle repair to test ride around the block I would still be wrenching lol

Most accidents happen within a few miles from home. If I came off harsh to bobby its because I know 3 people who did test blast's down the street. 2 ended up in the E.R. with major road rash. One never made it back home....So gear up,even if its just down the street.

I use to preach like you , and its great you care . People do what they want to do . He did not show us a 100 plus mph fly by , just a 30 mph ride past his house . We all know the stats / risks involved here.
Maybe it would just be safer to not own a Hayabusa , or a bike at all . Man I should stay inside something could happen :)

I use to preach like you , and its great you care . People do what they want to do . He did not show us a 100 plus mph fly by , just a 30 mph ride past his house . We all know the stats / risks involved here.
Maybe it would just be safer to not own a Hayabusa , or a bike at all . Man I should stay inside something could happen :)

Cool story

Sounds good, and looks pretty safe to me. But my summer gear mostly consists of sunglasses, shorts, and sandals.

Bobby, just be safe out there. In the first test ride video, you failed to recheck your right side for traffic after leaving the driveway. We all have to work on each others nerves to ensure that we are all able to enjoy the ride safely.

Thank you for putting the videos out there. I bought my Coffman exhaust back in June of this year and it's great to hear it growling as I run on the Autobahn at 120+mph.

Shorts or jeans same amount of pertection LOL Some guys think because they wear a leather jacket and a good lid jeans and sneakers for the rest of the body is fine , Wear what you like !

Glad you got em on and like them. Absolutely love mine. Can't get the vids to load on my ipad, but know exactly what they sound like! I get tons of compliments on the look, and the throaty growl (baffles in).
Troy
Funny how a quick post and vid about new exhaust turns into a safety lesson.

I made fun of this exhaust awhile back, but now I'm considering it for my Busa because I really don't want the hassle of doing a full system.
The Coffman's see like a very reasonable way to get a major weight savings and a little more sound.

I made fun of this exhaust awhile back, but now I'm considering it for my Busa because I really don't want the hassle of doing a full system.
The Coffman's see like a very reasonable way to get a major weight savings and a little more sound.

Lol! Yep, I remember!
I really do think they are the best sound out of our engine. I love the weight savings, and do like the look. Biggest sell for me was the noise. It is just a bonus that they are inexpensive.
Troy

And the Baffle is removable if you want the full open sound, but at that pint I think you would need to tune around it

It's always hard to hear properly from a video clip. I hat obnoxious exhausts and these seem to have a nice rumble to them without being too loud. I would love to hear a set in person.

It's always hard to hear properly from a video clip. I hat obnoxious exhausts and these seem to have a nice rumble to them without being too loud. I would love to hear a set in person.

they are nice but, I truly believe they are meant to be run baffles out on a dual header with a PC and a tune!

Back