Coffman's Exhaust

Wasn't lookin for numbers really. Just wanted sound and aesthetics. Love both with these. I will try to post a sound clip tomorrow. Been redoing my front lawn and shrubs this week. Installed them late Monday and only heard them in the garage! Gonna go for a ride in the morning. Will get the cam out and try to upload for ya. Should sound better with headers, and I may look for a V&H too. Def did not want to go single on the Bus.
Keep us posted on ur install too.
Troy

I believe (and no disrespect to Brock's) you can slap beer cans on your exhaust and still tune it to run in optimized form. (power gain's are a gamble), but this is not the case. This is a high quality, rebuild able exhaust that does and will perform.

Perform? Perform how? With these "tips" you still have the cat on the bike which is limiting any horsepower gains.

You really gotta hear them in person. Better than any I have heard yet. And I was searchin during Bikeweek.
Again, I was looking for sound first, then show, then hp. For me, $400 is cheap to sound this good. Really don't like the single side look on this big Bus, but yes that is where the hp gains are. If I wanna feel real speed, I get in my jet.
Went for a 250 mile ride today and it sounds awesome under power up high!
Troy

Wasn't lookin for numbers really. Just wanted sound and aesthetics. Love both with these. I will try to post a sound clip tomorrow. Been redoing my front lawn and shrubs this week. Installed them late Monday and only heard them in the garage! Gonna go for a ride in the morning. Will get the cam out and try to upload for ya. Should sound better with headers, and I may look for a V&H too. Def did not want to go single on the Bus.
Keep us posted on ur install too.
Troy

Will do as soon as I get my header and power commander I'll post the results. I'm not so much about power either but with a header install a tune is in order.

Perform? Perform how? With these "tips" you still have the cat on the bike which is limiting any horsepower gains.

Yeah, Uhm . . . . . right now they're not doing anything but sitting in a box on my desk. I'm saving some money for the header and programmer (please reread post #40) But yeah I get it you don't like these tips.
But when I do install them and and get them going I will tune to perform at there peak efficiency and as far as HP, whatever happens happens. It's either gonna do great, OK or suck! either way I'll let you how it goes
with my autozone fart cans. Yes, my direction is not your direction but at least it's mine and I'm not into following the herd.

Will do as soon as I get my header and power commander I'll post the results. I'm not so much about power either but with a header install a tune is in order.

Yeah, Uhm . . . . . right now they're not doing anything but sitting in a box on my desk. I'm saving some money for the header and programmer (please reread post #40) But yeah I get it you don't like these tips.
But when I do install them and and get them going I will tune to perform at there peak efficiency and as far as HP, whatever happens happens. It's either gonna do great, OK or suck! either way I'll let you how it goes
with my autozone fart cans. Yes, my direction is not your direction but at least it's mine and I'm not into following the herd.
All I asked was a simple question,no remarks were made concerning whether I like them or not. Geez dude,let it go already;so sensitive.

Forgot to mention, if anyone cares. Weighed the oems at 32.0# and the Coffmans at 4.4#. That is total for both sides. I hear the headers are made of lead too! Might keep my eyes out for a V&H 4-2 on the boards here. But again, very happy with the sound as it is now. Prolly won't even take the baffles out.
Troy

Forgot to mention, if anyone cares. Weighed the oems at 32.0# and the Coffmans at 4.4#. That is total for both sides. I hear the headers are made of lead too! Might keep my eyes out for a V&H 4-2 on the boards here. But again, very happy with the sound as it is now. Prolly won't even take the baffles out.
Troy

The stock cans weigh 16 pounds each ??!!!! :O
Holy Smokes, I've got to unload those anchors !!!!

For $1100 it's really pretty hard to beat.Light weight,great performance and sound,Brocks map support,etc.Really just depends on the can you choose,if a full size can then the CT Single/full titanium system is pretty bad azz(though it's $1800).

CT Single Full SystemHayabusa | Brock's Main Store

I went with the Short Meg because it has a round can instead of the Alien Head's oval,and because it has a removable baffle(one set screw)in case you ever really want to disturb some peace:laugh:(the Alien Head's is riveted in place).All are good though,just depends on your particular style choice.Lose 35 lbs. of weight and gain 12-14 hp with a good sound to boot.The new Short Meg 2 is killer,and for $1345 comes in black(which will be my next pipe).

ShortMeg 2 Full System BlackShortMeg? | Brock's Main Store

Complete Short Meg full system compared to one stock can.:laugh:

newbike024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back