Coffman's Exhaust

Just a quick update for anyone interested in these. I have put about 100 miles on them since the install (Weather in the NE blows)....They truly sound insane. Its a mean sound like no other exhaust I have not heard out of these bikes. The gold tips seem to be lightening up a tad just like Coffman's told me they would...which I want so they match the gold emblems on the bike better. I also removed the red and black "Coffman's Exhaust" placards from the pipes. I had to drill out the rivets. I filled the existing holes with small black bolts...looks much better IMO. Overall I'm happy with the pipes. I'm still doing my break-in on the bike, but when I hit 500 miles, I plan on getting it up on a dyno to check the A/F. I'm sure Its a little on the lean side, since I'm not running the suppressors.

AA0FEC88-4C61-4AC8-AC2B-88B8BB506FA5_zpsfum0s2dt.jpg

Man, I don't know how I missed this thread. My busa had shorties on it when I bought it so it talks a little :whistle:, but I like it. HOWEVER, those Coffman's look a million times better to me than what I have now. I'd never heard of Coffman exhaust so I'll have to take a closer look.

Just purchased a set of Coffman's today, Yours sound really nice! how is it in the helmet sound wise? I'm trying to decide if I go baffles in or out, guess I'l l have to wait and see
thanks for posting this info!

Just purchased a set of Coffman's today, Yours sound really nice! how is it in the helmet sound wise? I'm trying to decide if I go baffles in or out, guess I'l l have to wait and see
thanks for posting this info!

Thanks. Running without the baffles, its pretty loud, but not too insane like a VooDoo set-up...You will have to judge for yourself, like you said.

Thanks. Running without the baffles, its pretty loud, but not too insane like a VooDoo set-up...You will have to judge for yourself, like you said.

Thanks "Crew" I'm getting sick of all the loud ass Harley's. Where I ride here locally the bikes are abundant (all makes and models) I think it's time to wake my Busa UP! and spread some decibels!!!!!
Once again your input on here regarding the Coffman setup is by far the best on the internet for Busa's so thanks again my friend!!!
BTW, did you get tuned or dyno'd?

Thanks "Crew" I'm getting sick of all the loud ass Harley's. Where I ride here locally the bikes are abundant (all makes and models) I think it's time to wake my Busa UP! and spread some decibels!!!!!
Once again your input on here regarding the Coffman setup is by far the best on the internet for Busa's so thanks again my friend!!!
BTW, did you get tuned or dyno'd?
Thanks man. Yea these pipes get no love, but as you will see, they are extremely well-built and of high quality. I haven't been tuned yet. I have had a lot on my plate on the home front, but I plan on flashing the ECU and then having the bike dyno tuned locally using a PCV....hopefully by the end of the month.

Nah,it's still funny regardless

I realize your a welder with some skill, and probably some nice tools ect. Maybe your just like Gary Coffman who started making bad ass exhaust systems in his garage with a consumer grade welder. And then maybe you're the kind of guy who started making the best Jet Ski exhaust in the business. Or maybe you're just some guy who can weld two razor blades together and pat himself on the back and laugh at other people's choice of exhaust.
Or maybe just maybe you didn't even bother too look at exactly What the Coffman's exhaust consists of. Because if you did you would know it takes the highest quality stainless steel tubing, a mandrel bender and a CNC lathe (to spin out the aluminum tip)! Not to mention the fact that Gary had to design and custom build these exhaust to many many different motorcycles! (do the Kragen exhaust require CNC)! NO!
So please in your infinite home garage engineer wisdom please please post a link to any Autozone, PepBoys, Kragen or any other Backwood country bumpkin part store that sells anything remotely close the caliber of quality Coffman's sells. I realize not everybody likes shorty's for a Busa! But I'll be damned to pay a 1,000 for a slip on that does nothing but look nice and make a little growl.(sorry not for me) I think it's great that you have built a few (some defunct) bikes and all. But, you laughing about a Coffman's exhaust just reeks of amateur at best!
But, thanks I'll keep my home grown MADE IN CALIFORNIA USA rebuild-able exhaust because I like my Busa to be Loud an Proud (like all these open pipe Harley ****er's)
BTW I liked and commented a nice reply on you razorblade welding post prior to you laughing at this thread "oldgixxer"

Damn man,did I hit a nerve? You mad bro? Amateur? Yeah,thats me alright,you have NO clue lmfao.
Loud&proud? Id rather fly under the rader and pack a ****load of horsepower instead of draw attention. It appears as if you are all show&no go..hence a slip-on vs a full exhaust which makes actual horsepower. Am I right?

You posted this long ass story about me/exhaust/welder which was very thoughtful and personal,thank you..... You can go on&on about your coffman exhaust but to me it still looks like an Autozone exhaust tip. It looks cheesy as hell. It offers no horsepower gains as the cat is still intact. And most importantly,it's my opinion. Am I supposed to give you a high five for giving me a "like" in my thread? No need to feel insulted and go off on a tangent,it's the internet afterall....

Anyways,you can get this at Autozone,it even comes with camo...$30ea:rofl:

PS-I gave you a "like" so now were even:bowdown:

download (1).jpg

Just received my Coffmans last week have not installed yet. Bought them braised on the pics and the sound clip in this thread very helpful thanks. The gold will get lighter
2015 black BUSA

Ya think they would clear buell peg modded bikes? I like the look, and sound so far but worried they will not clear my pegs.
Troy

Ya think they would clear buell peg modded bikes? I like the look, and sound so far but worried they will not clear my pegs.
Troy

Call Gary or Pam at Coffman's about fitment they are the owners, and they seem to be really cool peeps, here are some pics of mine. I'm going with a V&H header and a Power commander hopefully buy August. To me they don't look like anything that you can buy at AutoZone, plus they're made here in California and you can actually speak to the owner. Once I get my rig set up and tuned I will get it dyno'd to see what numbers they put up.

401B8042-8A29-46EA-BB19-AE328B9DCD2B_zpsefahxxlk.jpg

CBEEDC96-D146-4704-B4CB-E07CDD2B6C2B_zpsks4zaktj.jpg

F629DF20-560E-418E-9209-B7A86CD270FA_zpsn3ss4ewu.jpg

5BC3E112-9029-4D79-9B5E-1874D7E4C67F_zps92cjxb8s.jpg

Are the bends the same between the both of them? Meaning are the identical pieces once you remove the tip and name tag.

I love the sound, and really like the look. As stated, they are a high quality build. They sound even better in person. I haven't taken out the baffles yet, but they really sound throaty. They clear my Buell pegs easily. Had to move the shifter 1 tooth as stated in the directions, as well as use 4 washers to shim the aft side stand mount.
Highly recommend these if anyone is on the fence.
Btw, I narrowed it down to Yoshi twin slip on (R77), 2BR twins, and these. Many hours on youtube had me convinced to go Coffmans. Glad I did. I realize they are only an appearance and sound mod, but that was my goal. Not lookin for more power...yet. Besides, cannot stand the look of single sided Brocks et al. To each his own.
Troy

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I love the sound, and really like the look. As stated, they are a high quality build. They sound even better in person. I haven't taken out the baffles yet, but they really sound throaty. They clear my Buell pegs easily. Had to move the shifter 1 tooth as stated in the directions, as well as use 4 washers to shim the aft side stand mount.
Highly recommend these if anyone is on the fence.
Btw, I narrowed it down to Yoshi twin slip on (R77), 2BR twins, and these. Many hours on youtube had me convinced to go Coffmans. Glad I did. I realize they are only an appearance and sound mod, but that was my goal. Not lookin for more power...yet. Besides, cannot stand the look of single sided Brocks et al. To each his own.
Troy

Those look Sic AF!!!! That Yellow LE is beautiful! nice pics!, I'm scraping to get the V&H header and a power commander with dyno tune and I will post the numbers. To me why spend double the scratch to buy any slip on's that add zero power and only give a conservative grumble, when you can have these hand made in the US from an engineer who has already made his mark in the power water sports world. I believe (and no disrespect to Brock's) you can slap beer cans on your exhaust and still tune it to run in optimized form. (power gain's are a gamble), but this is not the case. This is a high quality, rebuild able exhaust that does and will perform. The question is simply sound and looks, I'm not married to any single exhaust manufacture or brand. Nor, do I care to be the biggest or baddest on the block (if so I would have bought the Kawasaki Zed 14 OR H2, BMW ect). I just want to hear my motor the way I like it, but I guess haters gon hate!

Would love to hear a sound clip!

Back